Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kangaroo Dundee
There is an amazing man in Australia nicknamed Kangaroo Dundee. Nine years ago he came across a dead kangaroo with a live baby in her pouch. He took her home to care for her and since then he has rescued hundreds.
He starred in a documentary called Kangaroo Dundee and is now building a wildlife hospital

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...220&at=dt0

This is a pretty big consequence from a chance encounter on a road.
Chris is an incredible man who recognized a need and responded.

I can't wait to hear how his hospital works out.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Interesting article about an amazing man. I just love the photos - especially the one where two baby kangaroos are drinking milk out of a frying pan!
I liked the frying pan. When you rescue animals you use any container or dish you can find.
The whole row of babies hanging in pouches was pretty cute.

For every animal need(like orphaned kangaroos) there always seems to be a guardian angel to help them.Angel
The world is full of these angels and if we only knew about them we would feel so much better.
Catherine

What great stuff Chris Barnes is doing for these babies.
I like this (quoted by him on the article) :

“I fed him day and night, I took him to bed with me when he was a baby, he slept on my belly… I took him everywhere. Now, nine years later, he wants to kill me. He is like having a delinquent son.”

That's love. Bless him.
Kids eh, you do everything for them and then they turn on you. It seems that kangaroos are no different. Of course the kangaroo thinks of him as a kangaroo and is challenging him. He did too good a job of raising him.
Catherine