Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Cowell hypnotised by dog! LOL
Yes I do remember Oscar, and because of him I would never have thought you'd had a spider phobia, Catherine! That certainly worked for you.
I used to be scared of spiders when I was a teenager, but living in the country helped me. There are so many of them around. Also observing how scared they are of us helped. I would never have killed one though, in the past. I used to just run away from them or get my Dad to move them!

Acupuncture and acupressure really work well many times. I would be interested to know that exact pressure point on the hand in case of future emergencies!
The spider phobia was really stupid. I know about animals and I love animals, why would I fear something that I know is harmless.
I think that is how the hypnosis was able to work for me. I can think my way past fears because I have the tools to do it.
I would never let a fear reach the phobia level again. If something made me nervous I would face it and deal with it.

Oscar is beautiful. I will get a picture and post it. He is much bigger and really pretty.

The pressure points/acupuncture points can really work when they are applied to the things they can work for. It stopped the pain in my tooth, but I still had to get a root canal.

Put your hand flat on the table.
Draw a line from the tip of your index finger to your wrist and another line from the tip of your thumb to your wrist. The two lines meet and the third line is from your thumb to your index finger along the web of skin between them. That creates a triangle and the point is in the middle of the triangle.
I was told to put ice in a cloth and rub that gently over the point for no more than 8 minutes. (you don't want to get frost bite) I set a timer and it took 4 minutes for it to work. I think the timing is important. You have to do it long enough. Right hand/ right side of face, left hand/ left side of face, it seems obvious, but some people would not think of it.

I would be interested to find out if it works for you. I think it would because you would take it seriously.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Out of interest, Catherine, did the hypnotherapist use the NLP technique "You are in a cinema (movie theatre) projection booth and can see a copy of yourself sitting in the front seat....watching another copy of yourself in the film (movie)"? Just curious. That is the usual method.
Thank you Catherine. I will write those instructions down. They may come in handy one day.
Yes we know we can't avoid a root canal when something like that happens...but it is nice when something works to take the intense pain away (do I remember!)
Last one I had was in 2006 when Misty and I were in the process of rescuing a lost Spaniel! My face was throbbing with every step I took! The Spaniel's caretaker was so very pleased she presented me with 2 bottles of wine the next day! Unfortunately I had to wait to drink them as the dentist gave me antibiotics....Confused

But maybe the thing about acupuncture and acupressure is they work on the 'meridians' or energy-lines. Maybe it isn't even a question of belief or not. After all, they work on animals. And animals don't believe or disbelieve. They just take what happens.
Quote:But maybe the thing about acupuncture and acupressure is they work on the 'meridians' or energy-lines. Maybe it isn't even a question of belief or not. After all, they work on animals. And animals don't believe or disbelieve. They just take what happens.

I think people who reject a therapy block the flow of energy. The same is true of people who are sure their medication won't work. For them it doesn't. Our minds are very powerful and can influence the body and its responses.
I have used it since, but it was never as spectacular because I have never been in so much pain before. When a tooth hurts, it really hurts.

Quote:Out of interest, Catherine, did the hypnotherapist use the NLP technique "You are in a cinema (movie theatre) projection booth and can see a copy of yourself sitting in the front seat....watching another copy of yourself in the film (movie)"? Just curious. That is the usual method.

It was years ago so the details are not clear. We didn't talk about me being in a theatre watching myself. I was sitting there and the spider was imagined. I don't remember how I got into the hypnotic state. It was very simple and quiet. I remember his soft voice talking.
I will think about it and see if I can remember more. That is a set of memories I haven't looked at in years.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine