Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bear in a city park
For one west coast city there was a lot of excitement over a bear in the park. Fortunately they were able to shoot it with a dart gun and knock it out. Then the police carried the bear to safety. They put a lot of effort into saving the bear even though it was in a public park and could have been considered a danger to the public.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/bear-found-in-busy-...-1.2346078

He must have been quite heavy. It took 6 men to carry the bear.
I am glad he is safe and I am sure they will release him in a safer place for bears and people.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm glad he was dealt with humanely.

Unfortunately there often is a reason why bears come down into towns and cities for food. But not always. Sometimes it's because they smell food (they can smell food from great distances) -and because they have just woken up and are extremely hungry. Looking for extra treats!
I'm glad that it all ended well. The authorities acted very sensibly in this situation. Thank goodness it all turnout out well, otherwise I couldn't bear it.....79

Sorry, sorry! I can never resist a pun. All right, I'll get my hat....
Quote:Thank goodness it all turnout out well, otherwise I couldn't bear it.....79

Good one. I never even thought of it.

I think they are used to bears, especially in the spring when they are hungry. The city is on the west coast and it backs on the coastal mountains and some wild areas.

You will notice that they had tranquilizer guns, loaded for bear and they knew how to use them. They also knew how to move the bear.
They wouldn't have to move him to far to find an area where he could live.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine