Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry for my absence.
Hello all, I know I have been absent from the forum for a number of weeks now, but am now able to return.
It has been a hard and sad time for my family as we have spent the last 3 weeks at my father's bedside. The ordeal is now over as he passed away yesterday morning.
He was 90 and had a very full and wonderful life.
It is a great comfort to me that we were all there with him throughout his last days and able to be with him as he passed.
It is truly a privilege to be his daughter and to have been able to spend these last weeks with him all his waking hours.
We are all exhausted, but also relieved that his suffering is over and that in the end, his passing was peaceful and comfortable and full of love.
I now hope we can all return to "normal" everyday life, comforted in knowing that we did our best for him ( something that he thanked us for many times throughout the weeks) and in the hope that we can live our lives as well as he lived his.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I am very sorry to read your news. I still miss my father at an earthly level, although I know that he is fine elsewhere.

Your father sounds like a wonderful man. May he enjoy his new life on the astral, out of pain and restored to whatever condition he has chosen.

Good to see you back on the forum - but have a rest first....
My kindest thoughts and condolences, Cibach, to you and your family.

Your father would appreciate the love you gave him in his final weeks here. Blessings to his Soul.
Dear Cibach, I am so sorry to hear about your father. My deepest sympathies. It is so good that you were able to be with him in his last days. You created so many precious memories for your selves and your presence was a last special gift to your father. What more could anyone want, after a life well lived, than to be with the ones he loved in his final days.
Your father sounds like a remarkable man. I am sure you miss him very much, but he will live on through his wonderful loving family.

My grandmother had a saying for every occasion. Even though she died in 1975 when I least expect it I find myself repeating one of her sayings. She will always live in me and be a part of who I am. Those we love are never far from our hearts.

Rest now and be at peace. We are glad to hear from you. Big hugs from all of us.
Take CareHeart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences. It has been a hard time, but I wouldn't have missed those last weeks for the world.
We have come together as a family in a way that has not happened since my Mum died 16 years ago I'm not sure how long it will last but at least it happened when it mattered most.
I can't tell you how much your thoughts and words mean to me. Thank you.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
It is not easy when someone we love very much passes away. But they really are all right on 'the other side' and very much appreciate loving and kind thoughts sent their way.
They understand our grieving but want us to smile, remember them in our hearts and in our prayers.
I am glad we were able to help in any way. It is a hard time when you lose a parent. It is a relationship that is rooted back to the very beginning of your life. You are now the senior generation in your family. Your the elder that the younger ones look to. Good thing you can draw on all the years of having a good father to guide you.

You came together to be with your father in the end because as a family you were already together. We don't always realize that bonds are there between people until something happens and the bonds are needed. The in the moment closeness might not seem to last, but you shared a powerful experience and that will keep you together in some ways. Shared experience is a powerful bond. I hope you are all able to come together to celebrate anniversaries and family events in the future.
I hope you are getting a bit of a rest and letting life get back to normal. You will continue to grieve and feel the loss, but it is good to do the ordinary normal things of day to day life. They are restful and they can carry you past the rough days.
Take care of your self.
Hugs from the piggies and from me.
Catherine

Thank you. It has been quite a time for us. My father was in hospital for three weeks and half way through that time we got a message to say that my husband's brother in Australia had died unexpectedly. It really knocked us sideways, but my husband, being the man that he is, was still a rock of support for me and the rest of my family despite his own grief. It was made harder for him because it happened at a distance and we were unable to attend the funeral. We did have a silent vigil at the time of the funeral and hoped that our love and support was felt by those on the other side of the world.
Then to cap it all, yesterday when I came down in the morning to feed the piggies, Sadie was gone. She was lying as if fast asleep under her favourite stool looking so comfortable , just not coming out for breakfast. I gave a gentle poke but she was cold and stiff.
I have shed many tears for my Dad and Brother in law over the past weeks but yesterday I howled. It all just all came out at once.
Dearest Sadie was only three and a half, we think , so it was far too soon.
Suzy at the rescue says that 3 other former rescue pigs have gone this week in a similar fashion, too young and no obvious cause.
At least this morning they all came out to greet me. I was afraid to look.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
My condolences to your husband. It must have been quite a shock for him. Your poor family has had a rough time. I hope life is being quieter for you so you can get some rest.

I am so sorry to hear about Sadie. I lost Miss Charlie the same way, three years old and she was just gone when I checked on her. Guinea pigs seem to be prone to sudden death. I think it is a stroke or aneurism, but there is no way to confirm this.

I can see why Sadie's death would be the one thing too many. She was so young and she was settled in and happy with you. She should have had years more living in comfort. At least she had a loving family(piggie and human) at the end of her life.

I hope things go better from now on. You need time to absorb all that has happened and time to grieve your losses. I really hope you have some quiet spring days ahead. I wish good health to you and your piggies.
Take care, hugs to you and the piggies.
Catherine