Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea Lions attacked at rescue centre
It is hard to believe, but someone poured chlorine into one of the marine mammal rescue centre pools. A number of the seal lions suffered chemical burns. They were ready for release, now they require medical help to recover.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sea-6...enter.html

It was cruel and senseless. These sea lions have been through enough. They have had to work hard to get them well enough for release. Why would anyone want to hurt them.

I hope they catch the guy. He deserves to be prosecuted. Maybe he should have to pay the vets bills and the costs of the extra weeks of care for the sea lions.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

As you say, it was cruel and senseless. The use of chlorine in the water suggests that it is someone with his/her own swimming pool, or someone who knows about pools and chemicals. Let is hope s/he is caught - and quickly.
I find it really hard to understand why anyone would wish any harm upon a creature. Especially a creature who causes no harm itself.

Yes definitely the person, or persons who did this should pay all costs incurred, as well as fines for breaking the law.
It was so cruel to harm sea lions who had already had a hard time. You are right, it would have to be someone who knows about pool chemicals and has access to them.

Most of us would know how to do it or where to get the stuff from. I hope they track the person down. We don't want them out there able to hurt other creatures.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine