Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Colonel the Dog' petition reaches signature goal!
The petition for the military dog named 'Colonel', prisoner of war with the Taliban, has reached its signature goal this evening! 16 May 2015

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rescu...el-the-dog

The petition is to be presented to the Rt. Hon. Mr Michael Fallon, Secretary of State for Defence, UK -within the next 24-48 hours.

A huge thank you to the 2000 people who signed!

(I didn't want to put this in the 'petitions' section right now, as didn't want to push the other petition back, about the treatment of stray dogs in Iran.)
Congratulations! I assume that you will get some sort of response?
Fantastic! I hope your petition at least reminds them that we have not forgotten Colonel the dog.

I have sometimes posted in odd places so that I don't displace an important topic. Should we have another section or sections.
"Follow-up" for posts that refer back to a previous issue?
"News" for stories that are really a news bulletin?

What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(05-17-2015, 04:29 PM)LPC Wrote: Congratulations! I assume that you will get some sort of response?

I will send the downloaded signatures in a file to the MP's office email address. That's the usual procedure apparently, unless a paper copy is sent. I am expecting to get a polite confirmation of receipt and will definitely check that, in case of any glitch happening (such as it going into their 'spam' box!!) Whether I will hear more than that from them, I can't say. But all those signatures are valuable. They are the intent of those 2000 people so I am responsible for them. I won't let them 'get lost' in any way.
I am thinking it might be wise to send an enquiry first, titled in a way that won't get it immediately deleted.

Re: a new section, Catherine...In my opinion, our forum works really well the way it is. But perhaps a section for "News" might be interesting? That's quite a nice idea. See what the others think.
News might be a good idea. Some posts are clearly news items and I have trouble figuring out where to put them.

If everyone is okay with that I will do that tomorrow.
Catherine

I like the new "News" feature!
I came across an article that was clearly news. It made sense to have a section for it. We have gradually added sections as we have needed them. I love our software, it allows us to do that when we need to.
Catherine

The petition has now been presented.

I sent an enquiry first and a secretary sent me another email address instead for Mr Michael Fallon. So I am glad I enquired first.

The strangest thing happened. I wondered why I hadn't received a reply, and was staring at the screen, when literally at that very moment the email came through...

I dreamed of a soldier, a happy-go-lucky chap. He was flash-frying a greasy burger in a pretty dingy and utilitarian basement kitchen somewhere to make a quick sandwich. Said he had to go to "pick up some pesky dog" and laughed. He didn't even have time to pack his two new-issue green shirts. I folded them for him neatly.
I am glad the petition has been sent and received. It is important that they know we haven't forgotten.
Is Colonel the dog at least listed with the soldiers that are missing in action. He deserves at least that much.

Interesting dream. I wonder what it all represents.
Catherine