Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18 reasons why pigs are the worst...NOT!
This is one of PETA's latest campaigns. They use a bit of sarcasm to make a point about pigs. Some parts are hard to watch, but they do a good job.
[To see the web page you need to go to "18 Reasons why pigs are the worst". I can't get it to post without it showing my email inbox info. I have tried everything, but using a different computer, which I don't have. Google is so helpful when it comes to linking things.]

They are encouraging people to not eat pork and to become vegan if possible.

The ethics of animals farming or rather the lack of ethics makes it impossible to continue to eat the way we did in the past. Change may not be easy, but it is necessary.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Is this the link?

http://www.peta.org/features/pigs-are-the-worst/

Many images there are upsetting and sad but hopefully they will help many of us feel a little more deeply about those lovely animals.
Yes that is the link. I couldn't get it to post without it giving the forum access to my email inbox. Sometimes our computers and phones talk to each other too much. They decide what they think you want to do.
Good luck arguing with them.

There were some sad images, but they make such a good point.
I am hoping the images reach people and make them think.
Catherine

I can't look at it. I have seen so many videos of what they do to pigs fro boiling them to shooting them in the head. I can't watch it any more.
I know how you feel. I have to watch if I am going to post something because the forum is registered in my name. I feel that I am responsible for the content. I do try to warn people if a video is a rough one.
I think some people still need to see such videos because they do not really believe what we tell them about factory farming.

This particular post does say some good things about pigs and I was hoping people who do not understand pigs might learn to appreciate how intelligent and sensitive they are.
Catherine

I'm with Ruth, I don't want to follow the link, though I realise why you posted it. I'm trying to be a veggie but it is hard.

And apparently pigs are even cleverer than dogs and can make great pets. I'd love to have one but I think my lurchers aren't vegetarian Big Grin
I think the link showed a lot of good things about pigs. They are intelligent, but they get a little big to be good house pets.
Catherine

Oh my, the end of that was hard to watch. Piggies are so cute. It's an atrocity what is being done to them, what has been done to them and how people mostly see them as things rather than sensitive beings that they are.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It has taken bacon off my menu. Somehow it has lost its appeal.

Knowing what we do does make it hard. We were all brought up doing things a certain way and eating a certain way.
Even a small change helps. Lots of people are eating less meat. It is possible to give up pork or at least bacon.
Catherine

I agree that many people are eating less meat. I made a lentil soup tonight and I will post the recipe. It has no meat in it. The last time I ate pork ribs they almost made me sick, tasted wrong to eat!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]