Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cruelty of alligator/crocodile farms
I know reptiles don't get the same kind of reaction that cute fluffy animals do, but they suffer just as much, sometimes more. They are harder to kill and there are no laws to protect them. Some of the things that go on are truly horrible.

http://investigations.peta.org/crocodile...mes/#video

The sickening thing is that they are killed for ultra expensive luxury goods. Nothing their skins are used for are necessary for any normal person to use. They die horribly for totally frivolous reasons.Smiley19
No animal should die for nothing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Signed. No animal deserves to suffer like that. What sort of person could do this sort of work, and feel no uneasiness at the crude painful slaughter methods?
I signed of course. This is saddening and terrible. I hope we can get this treatment of those creatures stopped.
I also find it hard to understand how those people can work at that job every day. How can they feel nothing with that suffering all around them?
Thank-you for signing. Reptiles are treated very badly and most people don't care. They refer to the baby alligators as "watchbands". That is cold. It doesn't bother them to kill them because they don't even think of them as being alive.

I noticed that there is no difference between the two countries, first world, third world, they were equally cruel.

Reptiles have slower metabolisms than mammals. They feel pain just as much, but it can take them longer to die.
I am sure the babies feel maternal deprivation as much as any other animal. The conditions they are kept in and how they die are all cruel.
I wonder what people like that are like outside their jobs. I don't imagine they are kind and loving people.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine