Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making your home "pet Happy"
There are ways of setting up your home to make it a happier place for your pets. This article has some good ideas.
The important thing is to know your pet and know what would make the house a home for him/her.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...stm&at=dt0

I love the idea of beds in every room. When a pet wants to sleep. they don't want to look for a bed. They want to lie down here and now.
To make my place a home for my guinea pigs, I sewed them pillows. It allows them to be comfortable and they are easy to keep clean.

A little thought can make life so much more comfortable for our pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh there are so many ways to make your home 'pet friendly'!
Misty did have a bed in every room! One of them was an ordinary sofa with her blanket on it. The little living-room had a proper evening bed which was movable, and I used to put it next to my 'legless chair' on the floor when we sat together by the fire.
Upstairs she originally had her own room....then graduated to mine. So she had TWO BEDS upstairs....one became defunct...
In the kitchen she would lie on the tiles under the table if it was very hot weather, and I'd put a blanket for her sometimes. The coolest spot in the house. A rest-spot usually while I cooked dinner, or to just chill after a walk.

For cats, there are all sorts of wonderful climbing inventions such as 'rope trees' etc. There are all sorts of tunnels and boxes which can be cheaply and easily designed for cats. And they like to be up high, so a cat-friendly shelf with a route up and down is always welcome.
When you think of it, we have furniture for ourselves in every room. Why wouldn't our pet want a comfy spot in every room. Why should the dog be forced to choose between your company and being comfortable.

Somehow I knew your place was as comfortable for Misty as it was for you. I wouldn't expect anything different.

There are marvelous things for cats. You could decorate with the cat in mind and make things interesting and pretty. There are even tunnels and beds for rabbits and guinea pigs and they come in nice colours to match any décor. I think our pets should feel like they belong. We shouldn't just make room for them. They should be part of anything we do in the house.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine