Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barking across Canada
Frank and his dog Sheila started a trek across Canada to raise awareness about abused and homeless pets.(It is a Canadian thing)
Because Sheila kept on barking Frank called the trek "Barking Across Canada". They have been at it for 2 years. Money donated helps pay their costs so they can keep on going. As far as I can tell they have made it and are on their way back.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunsw...-1.3136211

He makes a good point. The people who would turn off a commercial about animal abuse are drawn to Sheila. The message gets to them by the example of Frank and his dog. In many ways it is a dream life for a dog. They are together all the time and their lives are full of sunshine and walks.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What an amazing and wonderful story! And what an amazing thing to do. It's incredible that after walking and walking, Frank said he wasn't sick any more....
I just love this man -instantly. And his beautiful dog.
Frank and Sheila have joined a great Canadian Legacy.
Walking across Canada is a Canadian thing.

Years ago a young man called Terry Fox lost his leg to cancer. He set out to run across Canada. He made it halfway before the cancer returned and he died. If he had finished the journey then it would be over. Because he had to stop, Canadians have been completing his journey ever since. Certainly the runs done in Terry's name are cancer fund raisers. But people do the journey for a whole lot of other reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Fox
I have been to the spot where Terry ended his run.

I think Frank and Sheila are having a great adventure together.
Catherine

I can understand why people want to continue walking in Terry's honour. What a remarkable man. Of course he cannot die -in more ways than one -as he will always be remembered for his courage and his legacy of 'the run'. And people will continue the example he set.
Canada has some great people. I am proud of their legacy. Terry spent his last days raising money for cancer research.

Frank and Sheila want people to think about animal welfare.

Those are the kinds of traditions that should be kept and honoured.

It would be awesome to walk across Canada. I think it is over 3 thousand miles, some of it high mountains.
Catherine