Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 ways to keep your pet cool
I thought this was a rather good list. It has good ideas and some of them suggest others.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Of course I personally have reptiles and they are loving this heat. Still I can appreciate how much the heat bothers our furry friends.
I do have some guinea pigs and fresh cold water and cold fruit seem to hit the spot on a hot day.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

There are some very good sensible ideas here.
I know someone who used to freeze small pieces of hot-dog inside ice cubes for her dog in hot weather. Or any treat the dog likes will do.

Misty didn't like swimming. She was a bit scared of water deeper than her legs, and wouldn't go near the hose-pipe. So I would sprinkle her with the garden watering-can before she went out (to play in shade!) on a warm day. She didn't really like that but appreciated it when she was out.
The watering can is a good idea. It would be less threatening than a hose.
The frozen hotdogs would work for a dog. If it gets too hot I can freeze fruit for the guinea pigs. They seem happy to just lie around and rest.

Cooling pads are a good thing. Frozen bottles of water can help cool things. A bag of ice can keep a fish tank cool as long as you don't use too much. Goldfish don't do well in the heat so keeping the water cooler is better, but any change must be gradual as temperature shock is worse.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine