Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Farm---the honest farm toy
The group, Compassion in World farming, has started a new campaign.
They are promoting a game called Your Farm
, a factory farm game that shows farming like it really is.
It is a clever campaign. It seems like a toy until you look at what it is.
It shows farming as it is now and then you get to click on Fix Farm if you want Your Farm to be different.

http://action.ciwf.org.uk/ea-action/acti...m=facebook

It is a bold campaign, a bit shocking and hopefully it will reach people and make them think.

Scary how like a real toy it is. Factory farms are not like real farms once you really look at them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I hope this will open peoples' mnds more to what really happens on factory farms and where their food comes from.
It's my belief such things should be taught in schools. Tell children the truth and see what they have to say! Children are very good at seeing things clearly without excuses.
Children looking at animals crammed into cruel cages under terrible conditions are going to look at them and say "That is wrong".

I think our whole society needs a strong dose of reality about our food and where it comes from.
Most people think milk comes from happy cows in happy barns milked by happy farmers. The reality of new born male caves being slaughtered or raised as veal without their mother's care, that is something people know nothing about.

The toy is really eye catching and the message is powerful.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine