Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cecil the Lion---dead at the hands of a hunter
This woman is just boldly shoving her kills in our faces. She is happy that she killed an old giraffe. She has a list of things she wants to kill.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=1&at=dt0

Would you want a co-worker like this?
I hope there are consequences for her. I understand that New Zealand does not want her to come on one of their hunts.

There seem to be so many trophy hunters. Why should the rest of the world be deprived of these beautiful animals just because some people are depraved and need to kill things.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This lady seems to be an even more hardened hunter than the dentist. Giraffes are such graceful creatures.

I will quote this piece from the article you cited above, Catherine:
" 'When you hunt an animal, everybody just thinks we’re cold-hearted killers, and it’s not that,' she told host Carson Daly. 'There is a connection with the animal. Just because we hunt them doesn’t mean we don’t have a respect for them'."

Only a human could think up such illogical reasoning. How can one truly respect an animal and then kill it as a trophy (not even for food)? The best way to respect an animal is to respect its right to live.

I also think that these trophy hunters have an inflated ego. They post these pictures publicly for all to see, with a dead animal draped around them. They seem to be yearning for public attention. If not, why post the pictures publicly at all? They could, if they so chose, email them to friends only - but they don't.

America has countless kind, compassionate, animal-loving people - as witnessed by the public protest against these trophy hunters. Yet I still ask myself, why are almost all these trophy hunters from the USA? Do they have more time and money to go to other countries on expensive hunting safaris? Yes, of course there are trophy hunters from other countries as well. But the vast majority of recent cases come from the USA. I wonder why?
(08-04-2015, 09:01 PM)LPC Wrote: I will quote this piece from the article you cited above, Catherine:
" 'When you hunt an animal, everybody just thinks we’re cold-hearted killers, and it’s not that,' she told host Carson Daly. 'There is a connection with the animal. Just because we hunt them doesn’t mean we don’t have a respect for them'."

Only a human could think up such illogical reasoning. How can one truly respect an animal and then kill it as a trophy (not even for food)? The best way to respect an animal is to respect its right to live.

That smacks of a certain type of affectation I call the "Pseudo-Indigenous-Person" rationalisation. Many people who state that they "have great respect for the hunted animal" or "pray for the hunted animal", are maybe just using a lot of 'new-age-speak' to make their acts seem less cruel and unnecessary. People who say things like that have absolutely no idea what it was like to live as a real "Indigenous person" maybe hundreds of years ago. This kind of thing is truly fake.
Maybe they think their affected middle-class words really align them with indigenous hunters of the past who had no choice but to hunt, for food, clothing and shelter? For a start, such people would never have hunted an animal for any reason other than survival necessity, and would not have killed any species they couldn't use for the above purposes.

You are right LPC. If they really respected an animal then they would either know or intuit that the animal has a Soul and a life-purpose (just as we have) and would treat it accordingly.
Quote:That smacks of a certain type of affectation I call the "Pseudo-Indigenous-Person" rationalisation. Many people who state that they "have great respect for the hunted animal" or "pray for the hunted animal", are maybe just using a lot of 'new-age-speak' to make their acts seem less cruel and unnecessary. People who say things like that have absolutely no idea what it was like to live as a real "Indigenous person" maybe hundreds of years ago. This kind of thing is truly fake.
Maybe they think their affected middle-class words really align them with indigenous hunters of the past who had no choice but to hunt, for food, clothing and shelter? For a start, such people would never have hunted an animal for any reason other than survival necessity, and would not have killed any species they couldn't use for the above purposes.

You might have hit on the real reason for their hunting. They certainly act like they are some kind of warrior because they killed something.
They think they are one with nature and they are living a primitive survival life because they killed. They forget that they use high powered guns and trackers and all kinds of modern technology and conveniences.
These "hunters" know nothing about nature or the animals they encounter. The woman killed an old giraffe. You never deprive a herd of its experienced members.
They are like kids playing war games who think that their game experience is similar to what soldiers went through when they were called upon to defend their home and country. Real soldiers don't talk about what they went through.

Trophy hunters are rather pathetic creatures. If they were not so destructive I would feel sorry for them. However they are destructive and they kill beautiful creatures so I have no sympathy whatsoever.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine