Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airlines ban trophy animal transport.
Smile 
This is a very good thing. After the strong response to Cecil's death, airlines are refusing to transport the trophies. That cuts of the ability of trophy hunters to bring home the animals they kill.

http://mashable.com/2015/08/03/delta-air...rophy-ban/

Anything that helps stop trophy hunting is a step in the right direction.

I didn't know they transported dead animals in the first place. I would not have wanted to share a plane with an animal that had been so callously killed for so called sport.
Airline could stop a lot of things from happening. I hope they think about it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well done those who pressured Delta into this decision. But it is not good that South African Airways have recently lifted their ban, apparently in response to pressure in the opposite direction, from hunters: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...s-icer0k3f

One step forward, and one back. Sadly, SAA operates to the USA, so the American trophy hunters will still have a means to get their wild animal head back home. If only such hunters used their own heads, rather than collecting those of lions, tigers, elephants, giraffe, etc!
I still think it is a big step forward. Key airlines are responding well. SAA is not a big player in the flights to USA. The fact that any airlines are banning trophies is a real victory.

Shutting down something like trophy hunting is going to take changes in a number things.

If people in Zimbabwe are charged because of questionable hunts then they are going to be reluctant to work with trophy hunters. Anything that makes hunting harder to do is going to help shut it down.
Catherine

I just heard that Air Canada has banned the transport of trophies.

They are our biggest Canadian Airline so that cuts hunters off.
They can probably find a way to get a trophy home, but it would be costly and not a direct route.
Catherine

Good for Air Canada! I hope all other airlines follow their example.

I shall never understand the mentality of a person who has to kill a beautiful animal for no good reason, then drag its body half way across the world to show to friends....
Ridiculous egotism and a few brain cells lacking probably is the reason.
Why would you want a dead animal on your wall? You could take an amazing picture and have it framed. Then when you look at it you could feel good knowing the animal is still out there.

Some people are sick in their spirits. A person with a peaceful spirit would not want to cause an animals death let alone display the body to glorify causing the death.

At least we can prevent them from bringing the trophy home. The animal deserves that much.
Catherine