Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Largest reptile rescue!
I heard some time ago that there were a large number of reptiles in Toronto that needed rescuing. It is fortunate that the Indian River Reptile Zoo was able to help.
They have done an amazing job of giving these reptiles a home and a good life.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2164484/150-al...me-to-zoo/

There are lots of places that will take furry animals. There are not too many that will care for reptiles like this. I know crocodiles and alligators don't have the same effect on us as fuzzy kittens and puppies, but they deserve to live good lives. They did not ask to live in a cold climate far from their native environment.
I hope I can go and see them. The Indian River reptile Zoo is not that far from me.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Reptiles are as much "personalities" as any other creature, and they deserve some loving kindness and care. But of course, because they are "exotics" not everyone knows how to give them the life they need, or how to cope with them.
I understand that the reptile facility has been preparing for the last two years to receive them. They have a nice looking set up where they can live out their lives happily. All of them were transferred there safely and they are doing well.

Crocodiles and Alligators have interesting personalities and I am happy that this has worked out so well.

So often when reptiles are involved people panic and things end badly for the reptiles. The moment people hear reptile they start talking about fear and dislike and all kinds of negative emotions. The sad thing is that most of these people have never actually seen a live reptile.
I am sorry that there was negative publicity about this. Some people are panicking after the fact.
I hope some day to visit the place and see them. It is not open right now, but I think it will be.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine