Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software that lets us see what animals see
What animals see is very different than what we see. Some can see light wave lengths that we don't have the ability to see. The world they see is very different from ours. When bees look at your garden they see something very different.
Having the software to show us the images would give us a better understanding of our animal friends.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals...animals-do

I know my snakes see/sense heat. I would love to know how they see me. It would help me to know what they want in their tank setups.
If I had a special set of "snake" glasses I would feel closer to them.

Who hasn't wondered just what cats and dogs can see.
It sounds like a great idea. I hope it works.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is exciting! I don't think I will be able to download it though, as my laptop throws a hissy-fit when I give it too much work to do! LOL But I can try. It depends how many megabytes it has.

The scientists are probably right about how animals see.

But my Jack Russell, Toby, was able to differentiate between orange and red. And dogs are not supposed to see well at all at the red end of the spectrum.
I think I can download it. I am going to try. I need it to cool down. It is so hot here that I am not leaving my computer on for too long and not during the heat of the day.

I am sure some dogs have better sight than others. Jack Russels are very smart dogs. Your dog may have paid attention to the subtleties of red vs. orange. I know humans that can't distinguish between pink and plum, blue green and yellow green. For some of us they are very different.
It would be interesting to look through a pets eyes. I have no idea what guinea pigs see.
Dwarf hamsters don't see too much. They are very near sighted.

Cats would be interesting to check out. They have very different vision.

I will let you know if I am able to down load it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine