Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stories of kindness to animals
These are wonderfully toughing stories. People are capable of doing wonderful acts of kindness towards animals. It makes up for all the sad stories that we hear.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsand...p-animals/

My favourite is the shark rescue. It was a bit dangerous and it shows that our attitude towards sharks has changed.

Dare I hoe that one day I will find a story of someone dong an act of kindness to a snake.

I think this story belongs with this post. It is sadder, but it has a happy ending.
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/man-a...ied-alive/
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

They are all wonderful stories, where people were willing to put themselves 'on the line' in one way or another for animals.
The story about the shark is very moving. I am glad people felt compassion for it instead of hatred and fear.
And the man who put the Raccoon's welfare before his own is a very kind man. I hope he found another, better job.
There is always a better job. If the job doesn't let you help an animal it is not a job to stay with.

The cops on the subway tracks were pretty brave too. Even if the train was stopped there is still danger from the electrified third rail. Not everyone would risk themselves for a cat.

It was amazing that they found the buried dog in time. I like the fact that the owner who did this has been charged and will suffer the consequences.
Catherine

Oh, I missed the second link before!

What a truly horrible thing for anyone to do to that dog. Poor sweet girl. But thank goodness the man and his dog found her and helped her. I am truly at a loss to know why anyone could do that. It would have been a long, slow death with tremendous suffering.
The man who did that should definitely get the maximum penalty.
I came across the second story and I though it fit in a certain way. It was a wonderful act of kindness to rescue the dog.

It was also a deliberately thought out act of cruelty. The guy couldn't hope to get away with it. It is like he didn't think anyone would care enough to rescue the dog let alone track it to him and have him charged. I hope that poor female dog is given a good loving home.
Catherine

I looked at the lead attached to the dog. It was a tough, good quality leather lead, quite expensive to buy. It wasn't just some old rope. So it wasn't some kind of drunk vagrant who did this (unless it was shoplifted or something), it was probably a man who earned decent money....could even have been a family man. When I think of decent-seeming citizens who are found guilty of all sorts of heinous crimes frequently, I find it extra chilling.
You are right about the dog's lead. The owner probably wasn't poor. If money was the issue the guy could have abandoned the dog. He deliberately buried her alive, weighted her down so she couldn't escape, but she could struggle. It was going to be a slow, frightening, desperate death. It is only the kindness of a stranger that saved the dog.
I wonder what the guy is like who did this. Your right he could seem to be a decent family man.
People know better now. I hope the charges stick.
Catherine