Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rehoming my girls
Three years ago someone bought two of my snakes from the reptile centre. He wanted to breed corn snakes. He changed his mind and brought them back.Angry
You can imagine how I feel. They are now old enough that they are unlikely to find homes as pets. People want to take a baby snake, the same as they want a kitten or a puppy.

So I have taken my girls back home.
[Image: IMG_20150705_162410.jpg]
They are half sisters and I recognize them. Their markings are distinctive.

This is the daughter of Mike and Sam. I have called her Jenna and settled her in with David. I think they like each other and she seems happy to be home.
[Image: IMG_20150705_162336.jpg]
The darker snake is Raven David's older mate.
[Image: IMG_20150705_162141.jpg]
They are all getting along beautifully.

This is the daughter of Pete and Sam.
[Image: IMG_20150705_162313.jpg]
I have called her Molly. She has vibrant colours and is very graceful.
The white snake is the Iceman and the orange/red one at the top left is Ruby. The smaller really white girl is Lily.
They are getting along beautifully and seem happy to be together.

I am angry that my girls have been "dumped", but I am glad they are home. I never like that other breeder having them. I never felt he cared about them. He didn't even bother to give them names.

So many of my babies have gone to fine homes as pets. I sometimes get to meet the people and even see the snake a few years later. I can be happy knowing they are much loved pets.Heart
In this case I am glad my girls are safely home with me.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A good and happy ending for the two girls Catherine. It was meant to be. A bit like Misty's way of coming to me. They will be happy now and have good friends, and will be well cared for all their days.
They have settled back in as if they never left. I am glad they are back. I did almost keep Molly and now I have kept her with me.

I love how the girls were happy to settle into a pre-existing snake family. I like to keep my snakes in family groups. I think they are happier that way. I want them to live happy lives and be comfortable.
Catherine

How wonderful that they have found their way back to you. The person who had them clearly didn't see them in the way you do if he didn't even name them!! Just as well they are back home and how fantastic that they have settled right back in!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I am really relieved they are back. I never liked how he cared for them.
Some people shouldn't have animals. They get them for the wrong reasons. I am lucky he decided to return them. He kept joking about releasing them outside. This is the best possible outcome.

They are really pretty girls and I am so glad to have them back home with me.Heart
Catherine

Whoa! Thank goodness he didn't release them outside! That is never a good idea with any creature. I am glad they came back to you.
If he had released them, they would have died. They wouldn't know how to hunt and they would have died in winter. Our local snakes hibernate. Corn snakes are from a warmer climate and they know nothing about finding a den and they can't become that dormant. The best they do is have a few quiet weeks each winter.

They are beautiful girls and I am glad to have them home. They remember me and are glad to be here.

Some people should never get an animal. They do not understand about the commitment involved. I always tell people how long an animal will live. If you can't do it, don't do it.

Releasing pets is the worst thing you can do. If they do survive they can create an eco-disaster. You put your whole environment at risk.
You never know which released species is going to cause a serious problem. Look at goldfish. They seem harmless, but the have destroyed some lakes because they multiply so fast and grow so big.
Catherine