Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chimp doesn't like drones.
It seems that not everyone likes drones, especially not drones with cameras. A chimp at the zoo was being filmed by a drone and used a stick to knock the drone down. He managed to hit it too.

http://www.ibtimes.com/pulse/dutch-zoo-c...ys-2084080

I must remember how he did it. You never know when a drone might become a problem..
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Hey, I'm starting to cop an attitude about drones myself!! Angry
The last 2 public events we went to this year, had drones flying amongst the crowds.
Both times I [and several others in the crowd] wanted to nock that stupid thing out of the sky.
They fly them just above the crowds, maybe 10 ft.?
What if one malfunctions? You know they will eventually.
Generally I am a "live and let live" kind of person, but in this case I see absolutely no purpose for these things at ANY event involving the general public.
Why did they need to record the chimp anyway? He's right there in plain sight and can be monitored with the human eye.
Sorry for the rant Confused, I guess this one just touched a nerve, lol Blush
I say: "Down with drones Smiley21!!!"

Kudos to the chimp!!!!!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I was impressed by the Chimp. He knew what he wanted to do and he did it.

Drones are yet another type of technology that we are letting go wild. They could be very useful. I am sure we can use drones in sensible ways that will benefit life as we know it.
However, right now drones are being used in annoying ways to bug people, invade personal space and generally interfere. Maybe you could use a long handled tennis racket to solve local drone problems or a stick. The stick worked for the chimp.Smiley4
Catherine

Well done that chimp!!
He really was not impressed by it and knew just what to do.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I realize drones could prove beneficial in certain applications...military, searching in areas not accessible by humans, etc., but at the county fair.....I think not!
Many people try to throw their hats at the drones. I think I should take my bb gun next time, ya think? [Just kidding]
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
No not a BB gun. I'm not sure that would be strong enough to stop a drone. They do seem to be susceptible to sticks. I am sure there are sticks around. Get someone to distract the drone and hit it from behind. No evidence that way. Break the stick up into smaller pieces so there is no way to connect that stick to the drone's demise.

The chimp was smart.
Catherine

I don't blame the Chimp. Who likes drones??
The Chimp throwing a stick at it does not surprise me one bit. Chimps are not stupid!

(Idea for the Chimp next time).....A few custard pies launched at it via a catapult might be fun....or a frisbee?
Chimps have other stuff in their enclosures that they can throw. I hear they have good aim. Whoever owns the drone will not like the cleanup job they have to do to remove what the chimp has to throw.

The drone could be like a piñata. Whoever gets it could get a prize.
Do we all hate drones?
Catherine

(09-11-2015, 01:50 PM)Catherine Wrote: Chimps have other stuff in their enclosures that they can throw. I hear they have good aim. Whoever owns the drone will not like the cleanup job they have to do to remove what the chimp has to throw.

Smiley4
Yes some of the "other stuff in their enclosure that they can throw" would teach those drones a lesson! LOL!
Quote:Yes some of the "other stuff in their enclosure that they can throw" would teach those drones a lesson! LOL!

Something needs to teach drones a lesson. They are intruding and interfering in many things. Trust a chimp to know what to do. You can bet that they won't fly a drone that close to a chimp again.

A couple of good cleanup good cleanup jobs and they might not fly their drones over zoos at all.Smiley4
Catherine