Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog abandoned with a bag of possesions.
The poor little dog was left tied up in a park, but he had a bag of his own things with him. It is sad to think of him being left alone like that, but the owners cared enough to want him to still have his own food dish and toys.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/to...-1-3878373

I guess economic realities are forcing people to make hard choices. I just wish they would take their dog to a shelter. Better still, many places have animal food banks to help people feed their pets. Abandonment should be the last thing we do. It is just lucky that this time it ended well.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I can understand that sometimes people can't keep their pets due to a variety of reasons, but I will never understand abandoning an animal like that. Sure he was found, and still has his own possessions but how much more of an effort is needed to take him to a shelter or rescue. There are quite a lot for dogs throughout the UK and, as you say, animal food banks too.
My heart goes out to the little chap and I hope he is rehomed soon.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Poor little Rio!
There are many animal rescues in UK, and quite a good number of them do not put a healthy animal to sleep. So of course it would have been better to take him somewhere like that.
Abandoning a dog....how can those people know what sort of person would find him? Rio has been lucky, and so was the other abandoned dog, at Ayr railway station in Scotland earlier in the year.
But they cared enough to put his toy, his brush, his food bowls, his shampoo!! -all together....and yet they didn't care enough to worry about who might pick him up, or what he would feel to be left as they walked away!

It is so strange. All I know is a dog would never do that to their human. Only a human could do that.
Quote:It is so strange. All I know is a dog would never do that to their human. Only a human could do that

You are right. A dog will stand by us no matter what.
I feel for that little dog. At first he would have been puzzled about being left and then he would have been anxious. He must have been feeling scared and lost by the time someone realized he was abandoned.
That is no way to treat a dog that trusts you.
Catherine

The day when humans are content to live by the simple but profound values that dogs live by, will be a New Jerusalem.
If only our pets could train us, it would be a better world.

I am sure Rio will trust his new owners and love them. Dogs are amazing. They never seem to lose faith in us.
Catherine