Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese dog owners told to get rid of pets or else
Quote:This "extermination by signing a decree" reminds me of the terrible days of Stalin, although of course it is a different country.

Different country, same attitude.

I can't find any recent articles so I wonder what is happening.

I can't see that the people will put up with this kind of oppression much longer. At some point they will fight back. In some ways the animal rights movement is a sign that people are resisting the government. They have ideas that they defend even though they are not popular with the government.

Maybe dogs will be instrumental in teaching the people to think for themselves.

Have you heard anything about the dogs.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

No, it's strange. I can't find anything to confirm whether the extermination took place.
I was also looking, LPC, and can't find any news either.

I mis-read the date. I thought it was scheduled for October 10th, but you are right, it was supposed to be September 10th.
I was thinking of all those dogs and their families today.
I know if they had done the extermination they would want to block media coverage, but I doubt it could be a complete blackout. I think no news must be good news. At least I hope so. Maybe there is resistance and they are not sure how to handle it.

I don't think China can get away with the heavy handed actions of the past. They want the tourist dollars and the trade agreements. They could lose those if they do something that gets them really bad publicity.

I will keep looking for news.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine