Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect imperfection-pictures of handicapped pets
These pet pictures are beautiful. All of the pets shown are damaged, some from birth and some from injury/illness, but all are much loved.
Their owners see them as beautiful so the photographer worked to show that beauty. I think he did an amazing job.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

When I think of the damaged pets I have lived with, all of them were beautiful. Their weaknesses made them more special. It is beautiful to see a photographer celebrate that. I am not alone in seeing my damaged pets as perfect. When you love something you see it as beautiful and somehow what you see becomes a reality through the power of love.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh, every single one is beautiful! There is a time in the past when these lovely animals wouldn't have been given a second chance and would have been put to sleep for those imperfections....

Little Pip... he is my favourite!
I liked little Pip. They were all beautiful and so happy to be alive.
I like the fact that their people love them and see them as perfect and wanted them to be photographed.

I had a picture of myself and my little handicapped guinea pig, Pigbert,
sent up on the last space shuttle mission. I was really proud of him for trying so hard all his life and always being so happy. It was our big imaginary journey together.
Catherine

You and dear Pigbert on the last space shuttle mission! That is very special indeed! A very beautiful thought, that you are both in space looking down on us! And little Pigbert might have been handicapped in THIS world, but he surely isn't in another!
Pigbert's body wasn't much, but he had a brave heart and a strong spirit. I think it is his loving influence that keeps my piggies loving each other even after all these years. He has been gone 5 years.

I never saw him as broken(he couldn't walk). All I ever saw was the happy smile and the pretty face. In space it wouldn't matter that he couldn't walk. I didn't see Frodo's crossed eyes either. Love sees differently than the eyes.
Catherine