Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween costumes for pets
Some of these are pretty funny. Of course the real question is why does a dog need a costume. People want to put costumes on their dogs. Do they need any other reason.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I like the doggy bag. It is simple, cute and creative and the dog probably doesn't feel too silly.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Haha! Some of those costumes are definitely funny....but I doubt if the dogs agree! But I know some dogs are used to dressing-up and indulging their humans' sense of fun.

I know many dogs actually don't much like it and endure only for the sake of later, when the costume comes off....and there is food....or a walk in the woods!

I generally wasn't into putting clothes on Misty, except for her dog coats when the weather turned bitter cold, or terribly wet....and her "Dog-Trotting-Angel-T-shirt" after her surgery (alternative to the "cone of shame" -which she found unworkable .)

But I am co-leader on a dog's website, and in 2011 there was a pets' Halloween costume photoshoot. As one of the leaders I had to show willing, as many people were excited about the photoshoot and gallery.
So I made Misty a costume. I didn't want to dress her as a ghost, or witch, or devil...because she was so sweet-natured. So I made an "Angel" costume out of many collected bird feathers (for wings) which I sprayed gold and stuck into Blu-Tak, then stitched a band of cloth round that which went round her ribs and tied underneath with blue ribbons. Her Halo was made of a piece of gold cloth which I'd had since 1980s, and attached to her collar, wrapped with blue and gold, by a piece of wire. It took me a week to make it!

I put it on her to take the photo -and she shook! So I put it on again....and she shook again! Then I told her very gently that it would only last 5 minutes, and then we would go out in the field with the frisbee.
She stayed still -bless her heart, but had a sad patient look on her face. I took the shot.

Then the costume came right off, and we raced into the field!
It was worn for 5 minutes, then it was wrecked.
Here is a pic....

(October 2011. Misty. Angel From the Streets.)

[img][Image: Angel_of_mine.jpg] photo upload[/img]
Misty dressed as an angel - now somehow that doesn't surprise me....A vision of future events, like your signature smilies, LOL!

I never dressed Puce up, but we did get her that bright red dog coat I mentioned in the past - which nearly caused a tractor driver to lose direction whilst staring!
Oh how funny! Smiley4 I hope the tractor driver didn't end up in the ditch!

I saw a picture of Puce in her red coat once. She looked very glam!
Misty had a red coat once, a bit like a Christmas-Coat....because it had a white fleece lining. It clashed with her strawberry blonde image and pink tongue but kept heavy rain off her. She used to cringe in heavy pelting rain, and especially hail, until I put the coat on her. Then she didn't mind. She only had a single short fur-layer, not a double-layer like a wolf.
Misty was a perfect Angel Dog. Very creative of you to use real feathers. The halo is cute.

I think dogs know the difference between dog coats and dog costumes.
Dog coats are a dignified way of keeping warm. Dog costumes are a reason for people to laugh at a dog. No wonder they look so embarrassed.

I can picture Misty in a red fleece lined coat. That would be warm and classy. No dog wants to be out in a cold rain even if they have a thick coat.

Odd we are talking about cold rain. There is a cold fall thunderstorm going on outside right now.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine