Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Daughters Devon Rexes.
    Poppy the girl with the fur and Spock the boy no fur brother and sister.
I didn't know the breed came with and without fur. These are lovely.
They are beautiful cats. Even without fur you can tell what colour they are. However did she get them to pose so beautifully.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Such pretty little kitties, she has!
I can think of no better name for the boy!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Very interesting photo - so well posed! I didn't know much about this breed, so found this article on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_Rex

They are certainly very original and fascinating cats.
Those are lovely cats. Thanks for sharing them!
She was just lucky the day she took that shot they are either sleeping or manic.
I was answering this last night and the power went out. No power, no computer. I couldn't even use my phone because the modem was out.

I think photographing pets is a lot a luck with a certain amount of preparedness. Your daughter had her camera ready, and she grabbed a perfect shot when it happened.

I followed the link to Wikipedia and it was worth it for the pictures alone. The Devon Rexes are beautiful and they are such a delicate looking cat. You daughter was lucky to get such a nice pair.
Catherine

What extremely elegant cats! I've seen pictures of Devon Rexes before, and thought that though they are so beautiful, they are not really designed to live in cold climates. I suppose they have to wear little T shirts and jackets to keep them warm?

This is a good breed for someone who is allergic to cat dander.

I find it curious that Poppy and Spock are from the same litter -yet one has fur and the other doesn't. I guess the 'fur' type is an inherited gene, and some have it and some don't.

(I have one of those weird genes! It's the one that makes Coriander taste like washing-up liquid!)
Quote:(I have one of those weird genes! It's the one that makes Coriander taste like washing-up liquid!)

I won't even tell you what it smells like to me. The guinea pigs like it, but I give it to them seldom because I can't stand the smell.

I don't remember if Devon Rexes always had a hairless option. I haven't actually seen on since the 70s. There must be a hairless gene.
The poor little guys wouldn't like cold weather. Good thing Poppy and Spock live in a warm place.
I heard that they were good if you had a cat allergy.
Catherine