Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets who do not like their Halloween costume
Seriously, if you can stop laughing you will agree with me that some pets really are no into Halloween. Some costumes are just too ridiculous and I wonder who buys them. Still they are funny.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I don't know about the chickens. Who puts a costume on a chicken.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I saw one where the pug was put into a seal costume his back legs were inside the costume,I didn't like it at all,I'm against clothing on animals unless it's for practical or health reasons like the cold or the animal is ill, not for peoples enjoyment nothing wrong with a little bit of cute but some are bordering on silly and clearly annoy the pets involved.
I agree. If we truly considered our pets feelings, we wouldn't put them through such misery.
We have put the occasional hat on Payne, or maybe a bandana, but only for a few minutes and never is she let outdoors with anything on.
I have heard of dogs even getting hung up on their collars.
We live in the country. Payne doesn't leave the property, so I don't see the need for wearing a collar every day. We keep her tags in a drawer for safe keeping.
The only time she wears her collar is when we go somewhere that will require a leash, which is seldom.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
(10-31-2015, 05:28 PM)Catslave. Wrote: I saw one where the pug was put into a seal costume his back legs were inside the costume,I didn't like it at all,I'm against clothing on animals unless it's for practical or health reasons like the cold or the animal is ill, not for peoples enjoyment nothing wrong with a little bit of cute but some are bordering on silly and clearly annoy the pets involved.

I agree with you. Animals don't see it the way we see it. They don't care if it's Halloween or not! For them, it's just an ordinary day.

I put coats on my dog for protection against the cold, and a T-shirt for after her surgery, because she couldn't get along with the cone on her head. The one time I did put a Halloween costume on her for a photo shoot, the costume was on for 5 minutes, we took the pictures, and I took the silly thing off her! Then we went in the field for a frisbee game, which was the only promise which made sense to her as she stood still for those minutes, waiting for me to take the 2 pictures!

The costume wasn't basically uncomfortable for her, or restrictive of her movement. But she stil hated having something 'on her'. We should think about how THEY feel about it.
I agree with all of you. The animals look uncomfortable, both physically and mentally.

With that said, I am going to chicken out of adding anything else.....

All right, all right, I'll get my hat....Smiley4
LPC, as always we can count on you to come up with a pun or two. I would reply in kind, but it is late and I am not at my sharpest.
Puns do require a sharp mind.

Animals do not like costumes. Some of them are terrible and must be so embarrassing for the pet. You can see in their eyes how much they hate it.

Dog coats are different. Many dogs love their warm coats on a cold day. They are smart enough to know what will keep them warm.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine