Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Glitches!
Apologies from all our staff. There are some forum glitches at the moment, (November 3rd 2015) which means links may not work temporarily, and other features may not work as usual.

Our engineers are sorting this out, and hopefully we will be back to normal very soon.

Thank you for your patience while these issues are dealt with.

Tobi.
We are all remaining calm because we know these things happen. Soon enough ALWF will be back to normal and we can get back to our usual posting.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I didn't even notice that there were glitches.
Thank-you. That makes me feel better.
It is little things and I am sure we can sort them out. I don't think we can post pictures right now. There are a few other technical things that are not working right. The main structure of the forum is still working.

And we can still keep posting!
Catherine

I figured out how to make new posts appear. Click on the edit feature and then repost. It doesn't show the date, but it does show the post.
Catherine

I have a question, are there no smilies on this forum?
Smilies and posting pictures and things like that are one of the glitches. We have a whole page of smilies. Some stuff is not showing right now because of the issue with the software upgrade. We have to upgrade because the people who created the software insist that we do the upgrade. It somehow froze up in the process. Our tech wizard is working on it, but it takes time. We need to software people to tell us how to fix it and they are slow to reply.

I do look forward to being back to normal soon. Until then I am asking people to be patient with the quirks. You will notice the date is not being listed on the new posts. It took me hours to figure out how to make the new posts appear.
Catherine

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I'm sure it will get back to normal soon.
How to view pictures and get links to work

For Firefox browsers: Highlight and then right-click, then choose "search Google for (the address)"

In other browsers: Highlight link, choosing only the 'address' part, then right-click & click 'copy' and paste into search box.

All the links work, but they are just not coming out 'live' on the forum at the moment.
Some of the picture links go directly to the picture. I have been checking older threads to see what we can do. It is bits and pieces that work or don't work.
Catherine