Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Good
Glad to see the forum is back up, I really like the new look. Smiley52
Thank-you.

The forum was customized from the  basic software. When we reloaded everything we went back to the basic again. There are some changes because it was a software upgrade. I am sure we will get used to them. We are a little short of smilies right now. That can be fixed too.

I am just so glad we have things working again. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, I'm glad to see the forum up. I have noticed it takes a long time for my posts to post. But if I leave here and come back the posts are there.
Yes I found that too Ruth. It was hard to see if a new reply had posted or not, but even a few seconds later when I went back to the thread -there it was.
When I post it takes a few seconds and there it is. I wonder if the problem is resolved.  Let me know.

I didn't keep a picture of the old layout, but this seems more open and less cluttered. I don't think it is just the colour change.  That happened because we went back to the MYBB default colour.  The layout does seem clearer.  Should we stay blue?  Green was always the forum's colour from the very first day. I was one of the first members of the original forum. I know we have changed and grown a lot and basically found our own identity.  Does that mean a new colour?

Be glad that I don't have a way of changing the colours easily or I would probably do it once a week. Smiley4 I like colours and it would be cool to do seasonal colour changes, but that might be too much work and too confusing.
Catherine

I used to have a forum and would change the forum skin colors every season. I do like the blue. But I liked the green also.
Maybe we need a new shade of green. The other green was very bright. We could use a gentler green this time. The blue grows on us though. It is pretty.

What was your forum about?
Catherine

Going back to posts 3 to 5, the "post reply" button still causes a circle to go round and round forever. The only way to get rid of it is to refresh the page or leave and come back. It's not serious but could put off a new member who doesn't know.
Strange. I am not having a problem. It posts quickly for me. If this is a bug we will have to look at it.It even posted quickly when I posted pictures.

Did you say you are using quick post? (on another thread)

I should try quick post and see if I have a problem.
Catherine

(11-08-2015, 03:32 AM)Catherine Wrote: Strange. I am not having a problem. It posts quickly for me. If this is a bug we will have to look at it.It even posted quickly when I posted pictures.

Did you say you are using quick post? (on another thread)

I should try quick post and see if I have a problem.

Test.
Catherine