Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic Bag Sculpture--the impact of plastic pollution
I use what you would call a shopping trolley. I also have reusable cloth bags and some heavier reusable plastic coated cloth bags. They last for years.   I get a special compostable bags for the bin I put snake poop in. 

When plastic bags came out we all used them. Nobody thought about the environment. Now in 40 years we realize we have made a terrible mistake. I have no idea how we are going to fix it.  The first step is to stop making it worse.

Ruth, most stores do not mind you bringing cloth bags. Many even have their own bags that you can buy and reuse. There are pretty bags and there are bags that advertise events and causes.  It takes a while to remember to take bags to the store, but after a while you will just always have a bag with you. The good thing is that your bags can be used in any store.

Maybe the pet store has an ecofriendly poop bag.  They are trying to make bags that will break down quickly.

In whatever way we can reduce our plastic use, we are helping. I am lucky because we have a plastics recycling program and all my plastics can eventually be recycled.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plastic Bag Sculpture--the impact of plastic pollution - by Catherine - 11-11-2015, 02:36 PM