Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat Cafe open in Toronto
There has been talk of a cat friendly coffee shop for years. Different attempts have been made. This time it has finally happened.
The coffee shop has a special room with cats from the Toronto Humane Society, that are available for adoption.

You can have a coffee and spend time with a cat before you choose to adopt it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/to...-1.3320705

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0
If you can't adopt a pet right now you can spend some time having a coffee and playing with a cat or two.

For cat lovers it is a place to meet up with like minded people. 

I must drop in and see the place for myself.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a good idea! I might have guessed that Toronto would start a "cat cafe". It seems that city is very up-to-the-minute with many things.
I hope that many cats will find happy forever homes as a result. I am sure they will. People who like cats will be drawn to the place. And even if they can't adopt themseves -they will put the word out.
It is in the west end nearer to where I live. The shelter is east end. It makes shelter cats accessible to us west enders.

Toronto is really working on the cat issue. We have two big shelters and a number of smaller cat rescues. Placing cats where they can be seen really helps to get them homes. 

The Pet Value Store where I buy guinea pig food, always has a cat or two for adoption from one of the rescues.

A Cat Café was an obvious next step. I bet they have good coffee too.
Catherine

We have a couple in Australia if there was one near me I'd go in there,trouble is I wouldn't want to leave.
Toronto really impresses me the more I hear about what is going on there.

Haha! I was just trying to imagine a "Dog Cafe"....somehow I think that would be a bit more manic. Smiley4  There would be a lot more drool going on than health regulations allow! And peoples' cakes wouldn't stay very long on their plates LOL!

But that would be hilarious in a comedy film.....especially with dogs who speak English....maybe some who speak English with Mexican accents....Hungarian, etc...

Okay just ignore me please. I am going a bit crazy.
I think cat café has a certain charm to it.  It is like a tea room. The cups and snacks would all be elegant and interesting.

Dog café would be different.  Maybe it could be called The Dog House of Coffee. Or The Dog Coffee Shop.  It could have big mugs of hearty coffee and snacks like "the Dog's Breakfast" and Puppy Pancakes, funny names like that. It would be a fun place in a crazy way.

I think Cat Café is more mellow.

How about a reptile café. Is anyone interested?
Catherine