Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadians cater to their pets
They have been doing surveys and it seems that Canadians are renovating and redecorating to accommodate there pets. Quite a few Canadians are doing it. 
Interesting how we take a pet in the home so seriously. We want their needs to be met so we plan things to make it happen.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/homesnews/1...o-our-pets

When I bought new book shelves last winter, it was because they were a better fit for my lizard tanks. The books didn't care.
I have arranged my kitchen so I can fit in the guinea pig enclosures. My whole place is set up so the animals fit in.  I get to choose the colours though!  I did pick colours that make my animals look good.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I know that I'm like that, it's surprising that other Countries aren't like us.
Many other countries are just like us, but this survey was only about Canada.

People are treating their pets as family members and setting their homes up to make them more comfortable.
If you are going to have a pet you may as well set your home up so the pet is comfortable. They are home more than we are so we should plan accordingly.
Catherine

I saw a short video of the most amazing house design the other day. It was all set up for 15 rescue cats who lived in the house. The house was almost completely dominated by decor with the cats' needs in mind. I was sceptical at first....then saw the designs and the rooms looked wonderful! .... And so much love there for these rescue cats.
Of course the house was also 'human friendly'!

I will search for the link (if I can find it) and post back here.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okOVxfuSYPk
I love their home. The cat walkways are amazing. They add to the décor and make the place look charming. The colours and other little touches give the home character.

It just goes to show, you can add your pets to the design of your home and make it look better.

I think the pets make the house into a home. Without them it would be less interesting and less inviting.

When you come home, you are coming home to your pets not a bunch of bricks and wood and stuff.
Catherine

I would like to see a home that caters to animals, oh but I live in one!! LOL. I have birdproofed my home.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think we have all set up our homes to be pet friendly and pet safe.

When the bunny comes to stay for Christmas I move furniture around so he can free roam safely. I want him to have fun and enjoy his time with me.

I love the house set up for 15 cats. I wish I could do something that extreme for my pets. I would have terrariums that run the length of the wall. Maybe some of the walls would be terrariums. How cool would that be.
Catherine