Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog diving through water
I met this dog today about 3.pm. His caretaker told me he had a video on You Tube, of him leaping about in the river near where I live! This is Jasper loving that water!
I like to see the sheer "love of life" going on here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FKTVlkMw78

To look at him you'd think he was the fittest dog ever. But that is far from the truth. He was a rescue dog and has Rickets, hip dysplasia, arthritis in his spine, and a heart murmur.
His caretaker has now stopped him doing what he loves best; diving in the water. But the video was filmed a little while ago.
Jasper doesn't agree with her decision however!

Apparently he doesn't like everyone, but he did like me.

....Oh -and he peed on my car tyre! Not that I mind!
I am sure peeing on your care was a mark of respect, sort of. He was claiming you as someone he likes.

He does love his time in the water. He just goes wild over it. Too bad he has so many health problems. I would have thought that swimming would be good exercise for him. He does get a little wild though.

How does he keep him from the water?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes we talked about that and I mentioned that swimming is great exercise for him. His caretaker agreed but said he is just too hyper when he gets in the river and she can't get him to stop or get him out of there! So she is afraid he'll overdo it.
The only solution she has found is to walk him in the fields instead, away from the riverbanks.

I think Jasper would be fine in a pool, where he would constantly be in the water, instead of the leaping about. But getting him out of it?? I don't know how they would do that! lol!
He would do even better if the water was warm. I don't suppose there are any warm pools in your area that would allow a dog a swim. I am guessing there are no warm pools at all. We don't have any either. It seems like something that we would all want so why don't we have warm pools.

I am sure Jasper loves his walks, but he seems so happy in the water.
Catherine

He looks so happy and healthy it's a shame he can't continue his romps. A walk for him won't be as much fun.
There is a hydrotherapy centre for dogs and other animals somewhere within driving distance. I met another couple today with their lovely dog, who has bad arthritis in his elbows, and is only age 9. But it is expensive, and people can only usually afford it if they are getting payments from their pet insurance.

Oh boy....I wish I had a swimming-pool! I would open it as a hydrotherapy centre for dogs. I would only ask a small payment for maintenance, or maybe some useful items in exchange -like food! That would be so nice and so much fun too. People could even bring dogs who just loved water. They wouldn't have to have joint problems. But for very sensitive Souls, we would have one-to-one events with no other dogs.

We would also have lovely music playing like Strauss waltzes...or anything the dogs liked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poAb0MhEvmk

We would have dog treats they could eat afterwards...

I wish.....
Now I wish I was a dog. Your dream dog therapy centre sounds wonderful. So many dogs would feel better after a treatment and the frailer dogs would benefit a lot. You can't cure the joint problems, but the dogs would feel so much better.

Even their owners would feel better because their dogs are feeling better.
Catherine

Definitely a case for winning the lottery -hey?

Oh there is so much I would like to do if I won the lottery! If I won the lottery I would do that for no payment at all. I think sometimes money can buy happiness. Or at least a lot of fun! Smiley4  (for a lot of swimming dogs!)

We would also have gentle 'blow-dry' rooms and fluffy rugs which the dogs could roll and slide around on to dry off....
You really should win the lottery. Your dog centre sounds so wonderful, I feel good just thinking about it. Do you buy tickets? I understand that helps.
I should buy lottery tickets sometimes. What wouldn't I do with the money. There are so many wonderful things.

Your dog centre would be on my list.

I would put money into the reptile centre. I would want us to do actual reptile rescue. We sell food and setups and reptiles at good prices. We rehome lots of older reptiles, but it would be nice to have a place for them. I can dream too.
Catherine

Yes I buy tickets but sometimes forget to.

Sometimes I hold the thoughts in my mind about what I would do if I won the lottery, then go out and try to see numbers in tree-bark and other things! (yeah I know....nuts or what??)

I once laid out all the numbers written on paper, upside down on Sally-cat's lawn, and she watched me dowsing them with a copper rod. I can get the rod to work great for divining water/drains etc. I thought it might work for lottery numbers.
It didn't.  Sally got bored with me and disappeared.....
I get my 6 numbers but they never win (yet)