Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japanese Whaling Fleet sails
Sad 
It is a sad day. Smiley6 The Japanese whaling fleet has set sail for the Antarctic waters to kill whales. They try to pass it off as scientific research, but there is no science about it. What kind of science kills animals and harvests their meat?

They plan to kill 333 Minke Whales. That is 333 beautiful gentle creatures that will lose their lives for no good reason. Their only hope now is protestors disrupting the hunt.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/2910...minke-kill

How sad to be an animal living life in peace and suddenly strangers invade your home and kill you and your family. You have done nothing to harm them. You have done nothing to harm anyone. Still they come and kill you.

The waters will run red with whale blood as they use the same barbaric methods they have always used. Smiley19
I hope that someday their is justice for these whales.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have never been able to understand Scientific whaling.
The information gathered is minimal and clearly the whole thing is about profit.
I read a report on one such expedition when I was in Uni. My subject was marine biology and we had to read this report made by one of the "scientific" expeditions. The biggest piece of information contained in it was that pregnant females generally contained a foetus!!
We were made to read the report to emphasise the futility and blatant commercial aspects of the Japanese scientific whaling expeditions.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
We all know they are killing whales for meat. They take a few measurements and pass it off as science. It is insulting to the concept of science. It is unfair to the whales. It isn't scientific learning if you have to kill the whale to study it. If they want to study the whales they should follow them for years and let them live.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine