Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets in ugly Christmas sweaters.
Once again cats are the cutest thing on the internet.

I came across a list of cats in Christmas sweaters. There is a set of dogs, but the cats do it better.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/12/10/...76198.html

Cats manage to look mad while they wear a holiday bright Christmas sweater. I think I would look annoyed if I was forced to wear one of those sweaters.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Haha! But I don't think cats and sweaters get along together very well at the best of times! Cats just wonder what the heck is going on. Dogs carry off the 'Nerdy Christmas Sweater' thing with patience, indulgence and humour. They are basically willing to do anything for a sausage. Smiley4 

Cats do not have the same sense of humour as dogs. Cats are more likely to be amused by seeing their human wearing one! hahaha!
That is what I love about cats. They have a sense of dignity. Cats are always classy.

What I love about dogs is their total lack of concern about dignity. A dog will roll in the mud with you or wear an ugly sweater and look like they are having fun.

So a cat would be the friend I attend the ballet with and a dog would be my walk along the riverbank friend. Aren't we lucky we have dogs and cats in our lives.
Catherine

Dogs are sometimes up for very elegant procedures!

I used to be invited every year to a very Grand Ball. I never could go because our dear friend wouldn't look after Misty for one day and a night, in case she had a "funny turn" or needed a walk (he didn't like walking ANYWHERE and was phobic about those mythical "funny turns" -which she never had.)

Anyway I envisaged Misty wearing my turquoise necklace instead of a tiara, and asked her if we got permission -would she like to go to a Grand Ball in London? She said "Yeah yeah yeah! I might meet a handsome Prince!"

So I wrote a (very clean -no dog footprints!) letter to the organiser of the Ball asking if I could bring Misty with me, adding that she was very sociable and a quiet dog,  Angel  I would make sure she pooped and peed before arriving, and would take her for frequent breaks in the grounds. I also added that she would be wearing a Turquoise necklace.

He never replied to me! And I never got invited again!   Smiley4

Oddly, that Ball was something I had been waiting to go to since I was 3 years old, and my parents had to LOCK the front door to stop me getting out all dressed in my finery!

But I gave it up for Misty Heart 

So dogs are not all mud and riverbanks.....
Good point. Clearly I underestimated dogs. Misty would have looked so elegant in a turquoise necklace. It was the Ball's loss. She would have added class to it.

I have met elegant dogs and messy cats. I lived with a cat for years who was a bit of a goofball and rather clumsy. He used to knock over furniture and break things. You couldn't have taken him to a fancy ball. He was lovable, but I was forever cleaning uo messes that he had created. Smiley4
Catherine

Yes, some cats are just not geared up for "Grand Balls" ! LOL!
Who can blame them? I whispered to Misty that the Ball was probably full of posers anyway.

I think animals refresh any scenario. Even clumsy cats!
He was clumsy, but he was so loveable. You never minded picking up the broken stuff. He never seemed to realize that he had done it.
I think grand balls are over rated. I would rather have some snacks with friends or go for a walk in the woods. I enjoy a quiet day with my animals. Dressing up is over rated. Give me my hiking boots any day.

That being said, I don't actually know what a poser is.
Catherine

Yes, cats do usually look annoyed with clothes forced on them. My Suzy dog doesn't like to dress up either but will tolerate it.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Dogs are usually good natured enough to wear a sweater to please us and even to keep warm on walks.  Cats have no sense of humor when it comes to funny clothes.

Dogs look cute in sweaters. Maybe that is why they mind them less.
Catherine