Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racoon visits donut shop
Customers and staff at a Canadian coffee shop were treated to an interesting sight. A ceiling tile shifted and a racoon came down and checked out the donuts.
After a careful look at the choices he took a donut and left. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/racc...efe0da8f2f

Perhaps this particular coffee chain (whose name rhymes  with Jimmies, Or Jim Mortons) should sell the donut as a racoon favourite.  They sell all kinds of other specialty donuts.

The racoon does show good manners. He only takes one and he does so very nicely. Of course he is a Canadian racoon and we are known for our politeness. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, what a polite racoon! He only took one very nicely then left. I think it's amazing he was seen doing this. I like racoons. We used to have them in our back yard when I was a little girl. I remember playing with them and getting scratched a bit by their claws.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Racoons are very resourceful and very used to people. They seem to know how to get what they want.

I am not sure I would want to actually play with one. You were very brave. They are still a wild animal.
Catherine

I was braver when I was a kid than I am now. I am afraid of racoons now for some reason I don't know.

You now know that racoons can bite and scratch. 

I get along with my local racoons, but I don't get too close.
Catherine

Yes, when I was a kid I got scratched up from some of them, that's probably why I'm afraid of them.

I think it is a healthy caution. They have found racoon rabies in Ontario again. You never know when racoon rabies is going to appear. If you got bitten now, they would probably have to treat for rabies.

So far the racoons I have seen are healthy and very clever about getting at treats when they want them.
Catherine

Oh the poor racoons with rabies. What do they do for them? Yes, they are clever little guys. I just love the way they look like little bandits with masks on. lol Wink

Sadly, rabies is fatal. Once the animal shows signs of the disease all you can do is give it a humane end.

I think they are busy vaccinating the racoons in the area. If they keep up the vaccine they will bring the outbreak under control before too many other species are affected.
Catherine

I wonder why rabies is fatal in other species. They have shots for us if we get it.