Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bowie
I must say, Misty had great taste in music. Why have I not been aware of Cold Play.

I like classical as well.
I even like bagpipes. I love the sound of them.

I am sure David Bowie will forgive the digression. Who knows what music he liked. We know what he produced, but he may have had favourites  other than his own music.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I ordered the Best of Bowie and got it the other day. I also ordered Bryan Ferry Platinum Collection and got it today. It has 3 cds!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
You have got a good collection of music. Do you have all of David Bowie's music?

I admit, I mostly have classical music. Actually I haven't looked at my music lately so I am not sure what I have.
Catherine

I have a variety of music. I sold 50 cds I had last year because I just didn't listen to them any more. When my mom passed she left a lot of classical music and I got them all. She loved piano music. I really like guitar music. I like harp music and many kinds of music. I don't have all of David Bowie's cds. He made quite a few, I think around 26 but I don't have them all. For awhile his music was heavy metal and I am not into that. He has changed venue a lot. I really like the Blackstar and Lazurus songs. They keep going through my mind all the time lately.

Here is the Bowie Album I have and am listening to tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqSU_S634Wk

I used the link to play the album while I did my chiropractic exercises. I have heard some of the songs, but some I am not familiar with.  I do like the style of playing. It is a sign of how remarkable he was that his music style changes over the course of his career.
Catherine

Yes, he constantly reinvented himself which was refreshing to see.

I have some good ideas concerning DB like doing a history on him.

(02-14-2016, 06:41 PM)Ruth Wrote: I have some good ideas concerning DB like doing a history on him.

That is a good idea for a true fan like you, to do Ruth.

I saw him live in the 80's but admit I didn't keep up with what he was doing musically. 

I have watched some of his videos on Devo & You Tube, I like Lazarus. He's probably had a 
good reunion with his friends in Rock & Roll Heaven. Angel
I saw a performance art event today and they used a David Bowie piece. Major Tom will always be a favourite and it was perfect for what they were doing.

Doing a history of DB would be interesting for you and with your love of him you would be presenting a friend to the world.
Catherine