Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blaming the animals for barn fires
Thumbs Down 
Hissss!!!
Can you believe anything so outrageous as this! Ontario Federation of Agriculture president Don  McCabe  blames the animals who died in the barn fires that have happened in Ontario since the beginning of the year. Somehow all the details like inadequate building standards for barns and poor barn fire safety practices are not the problem at all. It is the fault of the animals that they died in fires. How very selfish of them to die like that. They cost the farmers a great deal of money by dying like that. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/camille-lab...54964.html

How selfish can you get, getting yourself killed in a barn fire.

Seriously is this guy and idiot or what. Does he really think that the animals wanted to die like that. How about putting blame on the real causes of fires in barns. How about the lack of safety precautions, lack of sprinklers, lack of proper building codes and improper storage of hay and dangerous use of heaters around improperly  stored hay. Could these things be the real cause of barn fires.

How did this guy get to be president of the Ontario Federation of Agriculture. Huh
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I agree with you, Catherine! Here is a classic quote:

"Unbelievably, McCabe stated that animals will run back into burning barns even if they are rescued because 'that's home to them'."

Well, that makes no sense at all. Animals, like humans, will naturally flee a fire. It is instinct. Any search of Google for scientific evidence about animal behaviour in fires will show that to be the case. No-one is going to believe Mr. McCabe.
Mr Mc Cabe seriously needs a brain transplant. His isn't working.

There have been so many barn fires lately. In my view, obviously caused by inadequate management and safety procedures.
And yes, any animal will try to get as far away from a fire as possible. It is a basic instinct which even insects use.
Animals don't flee from a burning building because they are locked in. No one has thought of any way to release the locks so the animals can get out. People have to rush in to save them, because the doors are locked. Usually by the time people  know there is a fire, it is too late to go in and free the animals. They die because they are trapped.

Quote:"Unbelievably, McCabe stated that animals will run back into burning barns even if they are rescued because 'that's home to them'."

Quote:Mr Mc Cabe seriously needs a brain transplant. His isn't working.

Well  put both of you.
Quote:How did this guy get to be president of the Ontario Federation of Agriculture. [Image: huh.gif]
He clearly didn't get the job because he is qualified. He is most certainly not qualified. I wonder if he has ever seen the inside of a barn or has ever had anything to do with animals.
I think Ontario has a very serious fire safety problem. Certainly in the agricultural area there is a problem.
I have the news on and they just announced a serious fire in a government owned seniors building. Three people are dead.
There was mention of poor fire safety training. Isn't that blaming the victims again.
Catherine

(02-05-2016, 05:05 PM)Catherine Wrote: Hissss!!!
Can you believe anything so outrageous as this! Ontario Federation of Agriculture president Don  McCabe  blames the animals who died in the barn fires that have happened in Ontario since the beginning of the year. Somehow all the details like inadequate building standards for barns and poor barn fire safety practices are not the problem at all. It is the fault of the animals that they died in fires. How very selfish of them to die like that. They cost the farmers a great deal of money by dying like that. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/camille-lab...54964.html

How selfish can you get, getting yourself killed in a barn fire.

Seriously is this guy and idiot or what. Does he really think that the animals wanted to die like that. How about putting blame on the real causes of fires in barns. How about the lack of safety precautions, lack of sprinklers, lack of proper building codes and improper storage of hay and dangerous use of heaters around improperly  stored hay. Could these things be the real cause of barn fires.

How did this guy get to be president of the Ontario Federation of Agriculture. Huh

Yes, he is a BIG idiot!! Smiley21

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think we are unanimous in our opinion of McCabe. I hope someone tells him that. Maybe we should make him sleep in a barn for awhile so he can see what it is like for the animals. You can count on there being a fire somewhere.

I hope enough people are protesting his statements. Maybe he will retract them and take a different approach if enough people complain.
Catherine