Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Bailee and Danny photo
I just took this photo of Danny and Bailee:

[Image: MYJogHY.gif]

Bailee has mastered flying now and is doing daredevil stuts and flying around like crazy. I'm so glad. She has become confident in her flying!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
They are such a pretty couple. Their colours compliment each other perfectly.

I am glad that Bailee is doing so well. Danny must be thrilled to have her with him. She sounds like she is lots of fun.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, Bailee is a lot of fun. She follows Danny around. She has mastered flying down to the floor in the past day. It's great to see her having such fun with flying. I was afraid she might have problems but all of a sudden she is flying almost as good as Danny does. In real life they are lighter in color. I guess the camera caught them in a shadow. I love to watch their antics, they are fun birdies!

It is beautiful that she has learned to fly. So often birds are caged their whole life and never have a chance to fly.

Having two birds flying around enjoying life would be joyful.

How does Suzy feel about birds flying around.
Catherine

It is great to see them doing their thing by flying. Suzy stares at them when they land on the floor. She used to walk up to them but I would call her to me because I couldn't be sure what she might do to them. She just watches them from the couch and jumps up when they start singing loudly.

Suzy must be used to the birds by now and the birds must be used to Suzy.
It is not worth her getting off a comfy couch when they fly around.

The birds must sense that Suzy is no danger to them.
Catherine

Both Danny and Bailee like to walk on the carpet a lot. They peck at the carpet. I am thinking of putting a dish on the floor with some bird seed for them. I don't think Suzy will bother it.

Birds do like to feed at ground level. They might really enjoy floor level feeding.

I don't use a food dish for the doves. I spread their seed on the floor of their cage and they like to eat it that way.

I doubt Suzy would bother the food once she checks it out. I have never heard of a dog eating bird seed.
Catherine

I'm going to put a small bowl of food on the floor. I gave them a branch of millet yesterday and they really loved it.

Birds do love millet. I must get some for the doves. It is so easy to make birds happy.
Do they have a bird bath?
Catherine