Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elderly dog adopted after letter from owner published
This is a bit of a tear jerker. Roofus should not have been at the shelter so long, but people don't always want an older pet.

The family that brought him to the shelter brought a letter. It just took five years for the shelter to notice it. When they did, they published it. The next day, after a five year wait, Roofus has a home.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I am just glad that Roofus found a home. It shows the importance of letting people know about an animal or doing some special adoption message. Many beautiful loving pets wait a long time for a forever home. For Roofus the waiting is over. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

*crying* I'm so happy he has finally found a home.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I felt pretty good when I read about it. The right family is out there for every shelter pet, they just don't know about it yet.
Catherine

It's funny how I knew there was a dog waiting just for me at the shelter. I waited in line for about 2 hours before I could see the dogs. When I saw how calm and gentle Suzy was I wanted to take her home and I did.

You just knew Suzy was for you when you saw her. I think it often works that way. That must have been an exciting day, all that waiting and then there she was. 
I fall in love with guinea pigs on the shelter web site. Sadly there was as set of guinea pigs that I wanted, but I just couldn't take them at the time. I probably should quit looking when I don't have room.

Suzy and you were meant for each other. You are a beautiful match.

Some of the less adoptable animals find homes in the end. There is always a match out there somewhere.
Catherine

Yes, Suzy was for me. When I first saw her she was shaved from the waist down and her hair was long where she had hair and she really smelled bad. She had a huge bite mark on her back and a mark that looked like she had been cut with a knife! She had been spayed that week and was oozing blood from her genitalia. I had to keep cleaning the carpet where the blood dripped for about a month before it stopped. I took her to a vet and the vet gave her a urine test and said that some dogs ooze like that after they have been spayed. She had a bladder infection and the vet gave me pills for that.

Suzy was afraid of people, dogs and the sound of cars. I just kept walking her and petting her and caring for her the best I could and she became less frightened and very friendly. She loves people now. She doesn't like all dogs, though, but some of them she does like. She tries to play with some of them when they meet her outside. She is just an adorable, wonderful spirit.

Suzy really needed you. Not everyone could have helped her like that.
She may be a treasure for you, but you were a real life saver for her.

The right pet and the right owner are out there just waiting for each other.
Catherine

I believe that too. There is a care giver out there for every pet.

I had to wait about a month to get Suzy groomed after I got her. The shelter said that you can't bathe them for a month after they are spayed. In that time her hair on her back grew back and when I took her to the groomer she gave her a short cut to match the length of the new fur that had grown in. She looked so cute afterwards. Well, she looked cute to me before too, just such a nice gentle dog.

You could see the beautiful dog that Suzy is even when she was a mess. Your love is part of why she is such a cute little lady now. I think we love our pets into being the best they can be.

They do the same back for us.
Catherine

Yes, Suzy gives me so much unconditional love. She is a joy as are all my pets.