Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armani pledges to go fur free
The fashion designer, Armani has agree to go fur free by the fall of 2016.
The have chosen t find alternatives to using animal skins in their fashions.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

It is very good that big name designers are making the switch to cruelty free. It puts pressure on other fashion groups to change as well.

A change in the fashion industry also puts pressure in other areas like the cosmetics industry.

Every day we hear good news like this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This can only be a good step. Now all it needs is for the other fashion houses and manufacturers follow suit.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
That is indeed good news. I couldn't get the page in the link. Maybe later I can if it was too busy. There are so many alternative materials out there that they can use now a days. No need for animals to have to die for fashion!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Quote:This can only be a good step. Now all it needs is for the other fashion houses and manufacturers follow suit.
I think this is what we are going to see. It will become popular to support animal rights causes and unpopular to be seen to buy into animal cruelty in any way.
Once this happens companies will fall all over themselves to be cruelty free.  Companies that never hurt animals and have no animal connection will label their products cruelty free.
If it stops the use of fur and other things obtained by animal cruelty we will not complain.
Ruth, I checked the link and it loads for me.  Sometimes the internet is quirky. You could look for it directly by Googling Armani stops  using fur. That should get you to the article and perhaps even better articles.
Catherine

The link worked for me this time. Good article:

Armani joins Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren in switching to synthetic alternatives.

Good news!

I think the pressure will be on to go cruelty free. The big victory will come when the big fashion weeks declare that they only accept cruelty free fashions. The designers that insist on using fur will find themselves boycotted.  It would be a big victory if all the people buying fashions for the big events like the Oscars declare that they will only buy from designers who do not use fur.

I think we are seeing a trend that will continue to grow.

When I look at a fur coat I don't see luxury or extravagance, I see dead animals who suffered all their lives before being cruelly killed for their skin.
A woman standing next to me in the line at the Ballet had a snake skin purse. You could see it was a python. All I could see was a beautiful snake who died horribly so she could have a purse. I wanted to say to her "the difference between your python and mine, is that my python is still alive". 
It is only a matter of time before I start saying things to people. I just need to find the right words that will reach them.
Catherine

I know what you mean about saying things to people Catherine. Today on Facebook a friend of mine posted pictures of a large bird, it may have been a pheasant or turkey. A man posted that he wanted that on his table. I posted back that I would like to have him on my table (the man). I think people thought I was being mean but I don't think I was.

I don't think you were being mean. You were turning his remark back on him to show that you don't agree.
What he was suggesting wasn't nice from the bird's point of view.

It is going to take a bit of careful work to find ways to deal with things like that. We are not going to "LIKE" a post that expresses something we find repulsive. At least Facebook has a dislike option now.  If someone like that unfriends you, count yourself lucky.
You don't want to hear their opinions anyhow.
Catherine

I am very pleased to hear this news about Armani and the other fashion houses.

This is another advance in the beauty industry, and from China too:

http://www.eco-more.com/

I like their commitment to cruelty-free beauty, and hope they are the forerunners of a generally kinder way of treating animals in a country which has a difficult history in those respects.
This is great news.  If China makes the effort to go cruelty free it will have a big impact.  The products look interesting. There must be a demand for them in China so there must be a lot of people who want cruelty free products.

There may be a stronger animal rights movement in China than we realize. This could mean they are on the verge of a lot of change in their society. That would be an amazing thing to witness.
Catherine