Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue pig thriving
Jason the rescue pig has grown and thrived after his terrible experiences.
He was rescued from an illegal slaughterhouse. None of the other pigs survived. Jason was the only healthy one.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/mir...ee-7650102

The owner of the illegal slaughterhouse has been found guilty.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/lox...ty-7685506

The second video is nasty and the whole story is ugly, but it is good to know that they were stopped and that a conviction was possible.
The first video shows the animals being taken to a new sanctuary. It is beautiful to see how they respond when they see a clean space with lots of food.
Even better, it is good to know that a rescue animal like Jason has been able to live a happy life.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Good news for Jason. Those slaughterhouses are horrible places! I hope he will have a good long life.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think I remember that raid when it took place. I am glad to hear that the charges stuck and the animal abusers are in jail.
I am even more happy to see how well the animals were provided for.

Jason deserves a good life and happily he has a good life.

sad for the animals that were too damaged to save. At least they were given gentle deaths that freed them from their suffering.
Catherine

I am so glad Jason survived and can find out what a decent life is all about, Bless him.

I was talking with someone I know on the phone tonight about food, and they were saying how they liked pork and pork crackling.....then their favourite food was "suckling pig". I said "Do you mean a baby pig?" They said "Yes".
I like that person but had to say "Oh poor little Soul! How could you do that to a poor little pig? Just like a dog, he would like to have some happiness in life and go out in a field!" They laughed at me for being too soft but I kept saying it.
I find it creepy that someone would want to eat a suckling pig. They do know that it is a baby pig. They just don't seem to care.

I find it weird that people want to eat a little lamb.  Somehow these foods have lost their appeal.

I don't know what to say to people sometimes.

When I see a little pig like Jason get rescued I think about all the others that don't get rescued.
Catherine