Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barrie is just visiting.....or is he?
I'm glad Barrie is doing so well. How big is the bigger tank? The biggest tank I ever had was a 20 gallon for the Fiddler Crabs. I got them at the pet store. I had a beautiful set up for them. They often have diseases that most people can't deal with even vets don't know how to help them. I don't think they should take them out of the wild. But they are eaten by bigger crabs in the wild.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Fiddler crabs are not really suited to being pets. I don't think they do well in captivity.  Vets just have no training  in this area and very little they can do for them.

Barrie's future tank is 37in long x 18 in wide x 16 in deep. I do have the big beardie tank that is a bit bigger, but it doesn't have a lid. I doubt Barrie could climb out, but it is next to the dove cage and the birds would see him. I don't like to have a predator/prey situation because it is scary for the smaller animals. The doves would be really distressed.

The pine snake tank is 48in x 18 in x 18 in. I would like to keep them in their tank. It is home to them. Barrie should be fine with the slightly smaller tank. I just have to be sure the lid is secure. I might set it up and let him use it while I am home until I am sure he is okay in the tank and can't get out.

He can stay where he is right now. I know he is safe and comfortable. Bigger is better though.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That sounds like a nice size tank for him. I bet he will like it. Yes, it is best to have a lid since you have other pets especially.

I can't let him free roam when I am not home. He could get hurt.

I just gave him a good bath and now he is actually siting on my lap sleeping.  Maybe he is going to be a lap lizard. He seems very comfortable.

Okay, that was short. Now he is in the harness and wandering around my feet. Actually he may have fallen asleep in mid stride. No he was just thinking, now he is looking around. He is good about the harness, but I want it properly adjusted before we go outside. So this is harness testing time. He seems to like to be touched
Catherine

That will be nice when you walk him. Pets like to get fresh air, too. I open the window at times when it is nice to let fresh air in.

We are all so restless for the warm weather. The bearded dragons love the fresh air and sunshine too. I just need to be sure that Barrie's harness won't come off. If I keep practicing using it, Barrie and I will do just fine when I finally get to take him for walks.
Catherine

I hope you can get the harness problem sorted out and it will fit well and comfortably for Barrie. I bet he will enjoy going out for a walk. Best wishes to you with that. Smile
So far the harness is working. Barrie doesn't seem to mind wearing it. I just have to get used to how tight and in what position I put it on. It has Velcro for quick fastening, but it also has secure clips which I haven't used yet. I will need them when we go outside. When he has the harness and leash on I can let him free roam with supervision. I an always find him and drag him back because of the leash.
He seems to like exploring the kitchen so he gets good exercise.  He eats and sleeps well. He does love having his head scratched and his chin rubbed. I think he is settling in very well and is quite at home here.
Catherine

Wow, you are really getting to know Barrie quite well.  Maybe Barrie knows the food is in the kitchen.  Smile  Do you have a fenced in yard?  I've always wanted to have a home with a fenced in yard for the Suzinator!  But we go for walks and she does get out and get some fresh air and so do I.
My yard is fenced, but it is not lizard secure. Most lizards can climb.

I brought home a mango and I plan to see if Barrie will eat fruit. It would be good for him to have some fruit each week.
Catherine