Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military dog awarded highest honor
These military dogs basically enjoy what they do, and are well-loved in their squad. Their skills are valuable, and they have skills no normal soldier has. I always think it is such a shame animals have to go into man-made war zones. I often think of the animals sacrificed during the 1st world war, when many horses and dogs died on the front line.

But blessings to dear Lucca! Heart  Some tough dog to have 400 missons in Afghanistan under her belt (collar!) She deserves her medal. I hope she really enjoys her retirement.

I wonder what the cat did to get the Dickin medal? Does anyone know? Maybe it was a spy. Cats would make good spies Smiley4

I remember Colonel the Dog very often. I was thinking about him yesterday. No, we have not heard a thing, and the petition I organised and presented, was not acknowledged by the MOD or even a polite email received from the Secretary of State for Defence's office. Meanwhile even more signatures trickle in...

I remember Colonel's attitude....he didn't have a clue what the Taliban men were going on about, but looked up as if to say "I shall be very good as I usually am, and I am willing to be friendly, and have a faint hope you will be okay with me, although I am confused and don't know you..." Then he heard another dog bark in the background, and he immediately looked hopeful and happier. Perhaps they kept him as a working dog. I do hope so. Either that, or he was dispatched quickly, and was reunited with his handler on the Other Side. Bless his Soul wherever he is.
He so reminded me of Misty, although he was not the same breed. She was a mutt, he was a Belgian Malinois....his whole demeanour, his body shape, his feet....

Messages In This Thread
Military dog awarded highest honor - by Catherine - 04-06-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Military dog awarded highest honor - by Ruth - 04-06-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: Military dog awarded highest honor - by Tobi - 04-07-2016, 02:01 AM
RE: Military dog awarded highest honor - by Tobi - 04-08-2016, 02:36 AM
RE: Military dog awarded highest honor - by Tobi - 04-09-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: Military dog awarded highest honor - by Tobi - 04-11-2016, 03:23 AM