Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opposition to animal rights bill in Canada
Big hisses to all who oppose the new animals rights bill before Parliament in Canada.
Special hisses to Bill Blair(remember he was Toronto chief of police during the police abuses of the G20 Summit) who opposes stronger animal protection because it might interfere with "heritage activities".

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

My thought on the matter: just because we have always been cruel does not mean we have to continue to be cruel. It is okay for us to become a better place for animals. It is okay for us to become better people.

I think we should keep an eye on those that openly oppose the bill. We know them for what they are.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(05-14-2016, 02:47 PM)Catherine Wrote: Big hisses to all who oppose the new animals rights bill before Parliament in Canada.
Special hisses to Bill Blair(remember he was Toronto chief of police during the police abuses of the G20 Summit) who opposes stronger animal protection because it might interfere with "heritage activities".
A similar thing happens here in the UK. There is a long tradition of fox hunting with dogs in Britain. Many country people support hunting. There are always voices 'for' put to parliament, and MPs who support the fox hunting lobby.
Our own Royal Family support it, and ought to know better, especially Prince Charles, who works so hard with "Green"and environmental issues!
Yes that is a "Heritage Activity" I presume.
So is sending small dogs down Badger holes to kill them.

Just because we have some bad habits from the past, which we call "Tradition", doesn't mean we should continue to do them when they cause cruelty to any animal.
I wasn't aware of this bill, we should have a petition to sign, or some other way of letting our feelings be known,
It's sad that there are those who condone what amounts to animal cruelty.
As a Canadian you can contact your MPs office  and let them know you support the bill.

I hate how much cruelty is done in the name of tradition. Fox hunting is a hard thing to get rid of. There are so many who at the last minute will support it.

Some day we will look back and shudder and wonder how we could be so cruel.
Catherine

I'll be sure to contact my local MP.
I am hoping this bill is taken seriously. If it fails they can try again, but it is not even that strict a bill. It would offer a bit of protection. Maybe they are scared that it will put an end to all the ridiculous things that we should never be doing in the first place. It would block the sale of shark fins and   stuff like that. Is that so bad?

Of course we know that some people want to keep doing things that are no longer generally acceptable.
Catherine