Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World's oldest cat dies
The world's oldest cat has died. Scooter was a Siamese cat who lived 30 years. For an animal that has an average lifespan of 15 years, that is remarkable.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...qCcmxPNOkg

You have to wonder what it was like for a cat to live so long. He must have had a tremendous will to live and a strong interest in life.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's incredible I've never heard of a cat living so long. I would've liked to see him.
I have heard of cats living that long. Not many of them make it that old. Past twenty is becoming common so who knows. Maybe we will have more living to 25 and even thirty.
Catherine

Dear old Scooter! That is an amazing age! Yes it seems they are living longer. I think dogs are too, as when I was a child, most dogs (even small or medium ones) didn't make it beyond 10. Vet care has changed over the years, and more emphasis has been put on healthy diet.

(That link led to the Alberta ASPCA rescues at Fort McMurray, Catherine. It was interesting reading, but not about Scooter.)
Opps.  I have corrected the link.  I could blame it on Windows 10, but I think it was my mistake. I didn't actually copy the link. So I ended up reposting the link in my previous post.

Scooter did look pretty old in the picture.

I think a lot of animals live longer because they are vaccinated against the basic diseases that used to kill most of them.
Catherine