Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catherine has good neighbours or why can't the guys fix their roof.
The guys who live two doors down need to fix the roof and eaves trough. They had the ladders and all the tools out. When I went out one of them was already climbing the ladder and getting started.

When I came back a while later they were sitting on the veranda and nothing was done. I had to ask why because they were so determined to get it done.

They got up the ladder and found a mother sparrow had set up a nest and was feeding one baby bird. So as long as the mother bird is there with her baby all work on the roof is suspended.

How sweet is that. They are going to wait with the ladders and tools ready to go for as long as it takes for the mother bird to raise her baby.

I have some really fine people for neighbours. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is really sweet. I would hate to see what some uncaring neighbors might do. Your neighbors are the best!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
They also leave the dandelions growing on their lawn for my guinea pigs.

When they cut down their old grape vines they brought them over for my lizards tanks.

There are really good people out there. I am just lucky enough to live near some of them.
Catherine

What lovely people I love a nice feel good story,my husband couldn't use his ladder in our carport for a while a blackbird kept building a nest there he waited until the babies left the nest and then cleaned it all.
It is nice to know that people respect a mother bird and leave her in peace until her babies have left the nest.

As long as there are good people like that in the world, we know the world is a good place that is going to be alright. Heart
Catherine

I really admire that. Respect to those guys. There is plenty of time to fix the roof before winter. How nice of them to wait for the birds to be ready.

As best as I could I have stayed out of my wood shed the last couple of weeks as there was a nesting bird in there with young. Now they have fledged. It didn't take long, and it does us no harm to have some consideration and patience.
I think we can always wait for a mother bird or any other animal to raise her young.  Nothing we do is so important that it can't wait a few more days.

I just think it is so sweet that the guys feel the same way.
Now you know why I have stayed on the same street all these years.
I couldn't have better neighbours.
Catherine