Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins moving to sanctuary
The National Aquarium is planning to move its Dolphins to sanctuaries by the year 2020.

http://www.seeker.com/national-aquarium-...63308.html

This is a very good thing. It is an admission that they should be moved to sanctuaries. Maybe some day there will be no need of dolphin sanctuaries because we will stop making then captive in the first place.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well....that is good.
I can understand that it will take some organisation, and suitable re-homing for them though. Maybe that is the reason for the 4 year delay. But it shows positive thinking concerning the dolphins which is great news.
One day we will look back on all these welfare issues that are on the cusp of change now, and wonder -how could we ever have treated them like we did before?
We look back now on how children were treated and how workers were treated and we are appalled.

I want to live long enough to look back and remember how animals were treated and shock people when I talk about it.

The world has changed. It will change more. A thing like dolphin sanctuaries is a step in the right direction and the journey to a better world is the journey of many steps.

When we finally understand how intelligent dolphins are we will be embarrassed by our past behaviour.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine