Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live animal export to Indonesia
New Zealand is planning to export live cattle to Indonesia. They say it is for breeding programs, but all of these animals will end up being slaughtered in a brutal manner.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

The video at the end of the article is pretty rough, but I just had to watch it, the animals had to live it or rather die in it.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...554&at=dt0
What is the point of having laws to protect animals, so you can say you are doing the right thing, and then you ship the animals off where there are no laws to protect them and they will be killed brutally.

It seems hypocritical to me.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Double standards again. Money talks, as they say....
Yes you are right Catherine. It is hypocritical.
A country abides by the welfare laws within that country. That's because they are laws only. They abide by them because their business has to be seen to be legal.
Then once the animals have left that country's boundaries, the people couldn't care less! That is because there is no genuine concern or compassion for those animals. Just a question of ticking all the boxes. Red tape.
And about profit, of course.....

I am asking for a time when people will also get their Hearts in gear.
They want to be seen to care about animal welfare. They don't want to actually care. When you care you must act like you care.
Catherine

That's because they are laws only....
Quote:That's because they are laws only....
Good point. Laws only bring justice when they are applied justly. Animal welfare laws only contribute to animal welfare when they are actually applied.  The live exports are a way of circumventing the law. Therefore there is no justice for the animals and any country that does this fails to live up to its own expectations.
Catherine