Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't need another guinea pig....
But the guinea pig needs me.

Someone dropped a little guinea pig off at the reptile centre. He is so thin.  When I offered him lettuce he ate it ravenously.
I doubt he has had proper feeding ever. 

He is very cute and timid and I am sure he will fit in somewhere. So I took him home. You knew this was coming.

He is still trying to eat everything.  Pictures in the morning when it is not so late.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(07-10-2016, 04:10 PM)Catherine Wrote: You knew this was coming.

Smiley4 Rotating LOL

Now why am I not surprised?! This guinea pig must be counting his blessings right now.....
Oh my my. Yep totally saw that coming!!
One of these days Catherine...........you're going to have to rehome yourself, LOL!!!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
He looks so happy here now. I was told that he is aggressive, but he was snatching food because he is hungry. Now he is lying on a pillow with a full stomach looking relaxed and happy.

He is so cute and he looks so good with his cage mates. His colour matches and they make a nice set. That is a good enough reason for keeping him isn't it.

Seriously though, he needs to be with someone who understands his behavior and who will make him feel safe. I think the other Guinea pigs help him to feel secure.
Catherine

Of course he must stay with you!! Where could possibly be better. I'm sure the others have told him that already.
What a lucky boy (NOW!!).
They need so very little to be content. It baffles me why some owners can't see it. A handful of hay, some dry food, a water bottle, the occasional tickle and kind word and a dry bed with some piggy companions. What so hard about that?
I wish him a long and happy life with you.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
He belongs with me and he has settled in very well. He is already developing confidence and he likes where he is living.
He realized that he can lean over the front and talk to me. He is going to be one of those funny guinea pigs that just makes me laugh.
He is putting on weight, but he is still very thin.

It would have taken so little to feed him. I wonder what did happen to his cage mate that died.
Catherine