Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Yang -another update
One more update about Mrs Yang, the Chinese lady who rescues dogs (and cats) from Yulin.
Victoria (the lady who visited Mrs Yang earlier this year) and a small group of people have organised a Facebook page called "Friends of Yang".
The validity of the appeal for donations to go to Mrs Yang directly I will leave at the discretion of readers of that Facebook page. But there is a new video where Mrs Yang is interviewed, and agrees to funds being payed to vets directly (for vet care) and food suppliers directly (for dog and cat food.)

https://www.facebook.com/friendsOY/video...=2&theater

Now, if she were up to no good, such an arrangement would not benefit her at all!

It seems to me, that she was in need of management help as well as funds. With that all gradually fitting into place, hopefully she will be able to care for the dogs in a better way.

the £90,000 raised for her by a British charity still has not reached her, amidst a lot of controversy and nastiness.
This is a very positive and constructive development.
Also it mentions on this same Facebook page that a local vet has agreed to pay weekly visits to see Mrs Yang's dogs and cats and she will only charge for medication apparently! There is a record of the medications used and how much, and when.
This is another very positive development.

(Picture) Vet attending dog at Mrs Yang's shelter:
https://www.facebook.com/friendsOY/photo...=3&theater
This is a positive step. Mrs. Yang will get the help she needs, but she will get it in a way that can't be questioned. No one can say she keeps the money since it goes directly to the food supplier and the vet. The vet sounds like a wonderful person. If they can start neutering the dogs it will help.

Now Mrs. Yang can do what she does best and care for the dogs. Other people can organize things for her. Maybe they can fundraise and built/purchase a bigger shelter space. It would be great if they found a way to rehome some of the dogs.

I am glad you found this information. I always thought Mrs. Yang was as serious dog rescuer who cares for the animals first and everything else comes second.

It is sad that fund raising and rescue groups run into conflicts even though they all have the same goal.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I always instinctively believed in Mrs Yang. But it was obvious things were less than ideal.
She has been shown in a bad light, getting angry with some woman who came to her shelter....etc (I personally do not blame her! I would now think twice about whacking someone on the bum with a stick, but wouldn't have a few years ago!) Eating shellfish when she claims to be a vegetarian (I used to be mostly vegetarian but occasionally ate fish!)
So what? The lady isn't a Saint! But I know she has given so much to help those animals.

I think there was a sudden influx of Western interests in her cause. Some of those appeared to be trustworthy but caused even more difficulties by turning against her -and goodness knows why. I can't understand the skullduggery. I think she had problems coming in from all sides.
I cannot judge because it is a legal issue, but it wouldn't be the first time a charity has put profits before groundwork.
I think Mrs. Yang is doing the right things. It is being a little picky to criticize what she eats. Most of her money goes to feed the dogs. We should just be glad that she is eating something. She clearly doesn't keep money for herself.

I think there are often problems when there is fundraising going on. There is often a lot of money changing hands and that seems to affect some people. Or else they are careless with the paperwork and no one is sure where the money went. A lot of times it was used properly, but there are no records and receipts.

Of course there are also people who steal funds that were meant for someone like Mrs. Yang. I am glad that she doesn't get discouraged and give up. The dogs really need her.
Catherine

Well, she has been rescuing dogs for 20 years, and somewhere, I heard her say she has no intention of stopping, so long as her health holds up.

There are others who also are giving their all.
I read yesterday about a Chinese millionaire who has spent his entire fortune to rescue dogs from the slaughterhouses. He is now in debt. But you should see the smile on his face!
Yet he refuses monetary donations and only asks for dog food and vet care arrangements.
Can't find the link at the moment....but later I will find it and post it here, or make a new thread.

Here is the link:
http://shanghaiist.com/2015/11/19/dog_lo...strays.php

(I didn't want to dislodge new threads by posting on another section.)
What an amazing young man. He is giving his whole life to saving dogs. He is a younger version of Mrs. Yang in many ways.
I get the feeling that the dog slaughter is not so popular. There are good people willing to give up everything to save the dogs.

There are probably others that we don't know about yet. There is a lot of good happening in response to the terrible evil of the dog meat trade.  I think the good will win in the end.

The dogs themselves are such an interesting mixture of sizes and shapes. They all look so hopeful. I am glad they are finding homes for them. A shelter should only be the place to stay before they find a home. It is sad if a dog has to live out its life in a shelter. Each dog deserves to be someone's special pet.
Catherine

Yes I think a lot of Chinese people don't agree with the cruelty and suffering of the slaughterhouses.

Many of the Yulin dogs were stolen, and sadly wore collars....so they were former companions of someone somewhere.

There was a video of Wang Yan, which I watched on Thursday night....then last night when I found it in my Firefox 'history' I discovered that google had pulled it off! That has happened too many times to be coincidence.
There may be another video somewhere. Google will have to get up earlier in the morning to track me. I am like greased lightning.
I have noticed that videos sometimes get pulled fro the internet. If you see something interesting I suppose you would have to download it if you want to b sure of seeing it again.

I agree, I don't think the younger generation wants any part of dog eating festivals. They certainly reject the cruelty.
It may take a while, but I think the dog meat industry will be stopped.
Catherine