Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamster dumped in garbage bin
This is sad and all too common. When people tire of tiny pets like hamsters and guinea pigs they just throw them  in the garbage bin.
This hamster was lucky. He was found in time. 

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&ur...DXXHw1k1Xw

It does make me wonder if there were little pets who were not found and what happened to them. People are so cruel and heartless sometimes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Why can't they just hand them over to a shelter or give them to someone that wants them sometimes I don't like people very much.
It is so cruel to just dump an animal in the garbage. It is as if they were saying that once they are finished with something it is of no value. 
They never saw the hamster as having its own life and being of value just because it is alive.

I wonder how they really feel about themselves.
Catherine

Oh poor little Soul! That is heartbreaking. How could they treat this little creature like garbage? How could anyone do that? So glad he was found, and hope the people who did this are charged for animal cruelty. He is not a THING, he is a LIVING BEING!
Maybe someone will recognize the hamster and turn the people in. They should be charged. They need to be charged so that others will think twice about doing something like that.

That poor little hamster.
Catherine

My hunch would be that the hamster was bought as a pet for a child. The child probably quickly lost interest and couldn't be bothered to feed it. The parents couldn't be bothered to spend any time either feeding it, as they regarded it as the child's responsibility. So in the end, rather than spend their "valuable" time (spent watching TV or drinking beer?) on finding a new home or taking the hamster to a refuge, they took the "easy" way out of dumping the poor creature in a bin. Thank goodness the council worker spotted this hamster.
So many pets were bought for children and then discarded. It is just not as often that people actually discard them in the garbage bin.

People also get a pet then find that it is more work than they thought and so they want to dump it on someone else. 
It is only the really lazy and heartless that actually take the word dump literally and use a garbage bin.
Catherine